Do You Like Pizza? Show Us Your Pies and Enter the BBQ Brethren October SPECIAL "National Pizza Month Throwdown"!

I don't have pics of my latest pizza, but I do have some equipment advice. You see one of my first jobs as a teenager was at a pizza joint that specialized in hand tossed pies. Now while the benefits of hand tossing may be a subject for debate, the use of pizza screens is not debatable.

You see this joint I worked at used screens in lieu of pans or stones or any other device. These screens allow for full support of the dough while also allowing for direct dry heat during the cook. What this means is that whether you are cooking in an oven or on a grill, your pizza will get a nice crisp on the very exterior of the crust, and that is a good thing. Additionally the lack of surface area of the screen keeps the dough from sticking, so there is no need for corn meal or oil or any other addition to prevent it.

This is the set I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJZ539R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are very similar to the ones we used way back in my pizza restaurant days.

Had pizza for lunch. It was okay but know y'all can do so much better.

BUMP! Let's see some entries in this, folks!

Back