Neighbor asked me to MAKe a mess of pulled pork...

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
...for a teacher appreciation lunch at the local elementary school. My pleasure!! Here’s 55lbs of pork butt put to rest a couple of hours ago for an overnight low n slow. Good times :)

e0cdc65f9fea60e46136b3823c74f46d.jpg

85ff0476c23c88964ae1cb5c8fdcd99e.jpg

Thanks Robb! You just helped me solve a dilemma for the Bash on the Bayou. Overnight pork butt cook. Brilliant! Got to have enough for a big feed fresh. Heck yeah!

Yours looks Fantastic!

Thanks buddy! Such an easy cook! Of course we don’t tell those we’re cooking for that lil secret ;-)

seem like I seen that much on the little guy...

Yes sir... you’ve seen more on the little guy... lol. I could triple what you see in this pic on the big guy. Can’t say that about the little guy ;)

How much use has that 3* seen so far? Seems like without a small army to feed that's a lot of real estate to fire up.

How much use has that 3* seen so far? Seems like without a small army to feed that's a lot of real estate to fire up.

It gets used all the time. With 2 independent fire pots, I can use half the grill just as easily as the full grill. Also makes cooking main dish/sides a breeze when needed. Super flexible :)

Those cooks are always very rewarding! Good job and I hope everyone leaves happy.

You're MAKing us all proud!

The 3 Star really MAKes easy work of it.

Thanks Robb! You just helped me solve a dilemma for the Bash on the Bayou. Overnight pork butt cook. Brilliant! Got to have enough for a big feed fresh. Heck yeah!

Yours looks Fantastic!

Chicken quarters and butts are the Go To to feed a large crowd cheaply.Anybody that don’t like those,don’t need to be there anyway.

Looks like they are going to eat good, 1 thing I bought was a 5 finger tool to shred meat with, my battery powered drill and a few minutes makes pork fall apart nicely , makes it easier to portion out and get a good mix of meat and bark without big hard spots

Back