Pulled Chuck roast first attempt!

firefighter4634

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I found a chuck roast in the freezer this weekend and thawed it out. Then was deciding on how to cook it and came across a recipe for smoking it and then pulling like pulled pork. Seasoned it up with S&P and garlic powder then on the BGE indirect at 275 pit until reaching IT of 165. Then into a foil pan with peppers, onion, fresh garlic and some dark beer. It took just short of 3 hrs at 350 deg. before it was pull about tender, but it was worth the wait. The wife even gave a thumbs up on this one.20181209_182617.jpg

Hmmm...top that with some sautéed onions and a slice of provolone on a bun and dip in the au jus...good stuff right there!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't for get the pepperoncini's.

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
I found a chuck roast in the freezer this weekend and thawed it out. Then was deciding on how to cook it and came across a recipe for smoking it and then pulling like pulled pork. Seasoned it up with S&P and garlic powder then on the BGE indirect at 275 pit until reaching IT of 165. Then into a foil pan with peppers, onion, fresh garlic and some dark beer. It took just short of 3 hrs at 350 deg. before it was pull about tender, but it was worth the wait. The wife even gave a thumbs up on this one.View attachment 166198

Pulled chuckies are on my favorites

Back