• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Food term moratorium for 2019

“MSU”—,,but uh, er— but wait :razz:

I posted a thread complaining about use of the word 'pron' a while back (it's just really stupid IMO), and some people told me to eff off (in a friendlier way) but I'm happy to see that gets used a lot less now. So I don't have a submission for 2019.

I posted a thread complaining about use of the word 'pron' a while back (it's just really stupid IMO), and some people told me to eff off (in a friendlier way) but I'm happy to see that gets used a lot less now. So I don't have a submission for 2019.

My wife told me that looking at pron was akin to having an afafir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“special sauce”

Oh hell no

I'm sure they told you why but for those that dont know the term "pron" is for good reason. use of the actual word too much on a site can cause content blockers to flag the site. since so many of us browse while at work it's a work around to avoid this.

oh and sweet with a little heat

As a writer, I think there's nothing more ridiculous than the fear of words. So, bring 'em all on. Language is an constantly evolving thing, and as we discover new angles from which to view the world, we need new (or revised) terminology to communicate that new view and share it with others. Banning a word (even in jest) is nothing more than an attempt to ban a particular type of thought. So later for that horsecrap. Give me some pron of a keto-friendly vegan sammy with great mouth feel and that special sauce, y'all.

I'm sure they told you why but for those that dont know the term "pron" is for good reason. use of the actual word too much on a site can cause content blockers to flag the site. since so many of us browse while at work it's a work around to avoid this.

oh and sweet with a little heat
The word is out about the subterfuge. If you Google "pron", you get a list of "pron" sites.
As for food terms, I'd choose "enhanced". A cut of meat that has been injected with a water solution that contains salt and sodium phosphate is not "enhanced", it's had weight added to jack up the price, like the "thumb on the scale" in the old butcher shop.

Last edited:
As a writer, I think there's nothing more ridiculous than the fear of words. So, bring 'em all on. Language is an constantly evolving thing, and as we discover new angles from which to view the world, we need new (or revised) terminology to communicate that new view and share it with others. Banning a word (even in jest) is nothing more than an attempt to ban a particular type of thought. So later for that horsecrap. Give me some pron of a keto-friendly vegan sammy with great mouth feel and that special sauce, y'all.

As a non-writer I don't think the intent here is fear of words on all accounts, but maybe an over mis-use of certain terms that people might just be using because they see others use it.

All in good "moist" fun. Unless you read too much into something :becky:

Yep, it's called a sammich!

As in: Woman, go make me a sammich! :bolt:

Back when people were protesting the Augusta National for not allowing women members, a radio station DJ (I think it was) went out and pranked the protesters. He had a sign that said "make me a sandwich" and.....I forget what the other side said. He was interviewed by some news organization and told them his name was Ben Dover or something like that. LOL I wish I could find it on the web somewhere....

EDIT :: FOUND IT! My memory was a bit off. "Make me dinner" not a sandwich, and Heywood Jablome, not Ben Dover.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/897359/posts

The original article has, it seems, been stricken from the web, I can't find it.

Last edited:
Back