Brisket Burger

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Put a brisket on this afternoon. It had been pretty aggressively trimmed, so I decided to take it all the way down to the meat, and try a new cooking method. Ground my trimmings for burger.
sq2Cb62.jpg

Started with some bacon and onions.
27h4iUf.jpg

Then some shrooms and the burger. Seasoned with Double secret steak seasoning.
gUorNSG.jpg

Made a low carb microwave bun.
s45jBKZ.jpg

building the burger. Missed a couple of steps, but you get the idea. Sorry no bite shot. This was one of those burgers that, once you commit, there is no turning back.

tdMeM8A.jpg

40VnAjY.jpg

5qYUbib.jpg

A teaser for whats coming later.
TdGSQDn.jpg

Waste not want not, great looking burger Josh.

Mate, I would be all over that,looks delicious

Nice burger Josh Tell me more about the bun, like how does it feel in your mouth and taste.

Nice burger Josh Tell me more about the bun, like how does it feel in your mouth and taste.

It wasn't too bad. A little different than a regular bun. It had a good texture, but the flavor kind of reminded me of corn bread. Strange since there wasn't any corn in it. It's a recipe I got from Ron L awhile back, and this was the first time I had made it. So maybe Ron will chime in. I could have done something wrong.

1T butter
1 large egg
1T coconut flour
1T ground flax seed
1/2t baking powder
1T shredded cheese (I used co-jack)
A splash of liquid if needed, I used chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a large mug, add the egg and beat thoroughly. Add coconut flour, flax and baking powder and mix thoroughly. Mix in cheese and add a little liquid if needed. The ‘batter’ should be a little loose. Rap on the counter to settle and microwave about 90 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave. Loosen the sides with a knife and remove from mug. Once cool enough to touch, cut in half. I either grill or toast the halves in a hot pan.

I made this recipe last time. It is more work, and time, but it is a really good low carb bun.
https://www.gnom-gnom.com/paleo-keto-burger-buns/

4CdsZEN.jpg

Yeah, I’d be all over that for sure!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice work, I do love a brisket burger.

That looks awesome! But did you grind that beef across the street from a Kenny Rogers Roasters or on Mars?

practicaldizzycottonmouth

Back