MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:50 AM   #121
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

I didn't want to bump my own thread on this! But it has been a couple/few months since the build and I've cooked on this cooker ALOT. My caster wheels are now bent. I'm looking at other options to keep it mobile. Anyone have suggestions?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #122
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Oh yea really nice!

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #123
woodman53
Found some matches.

What happened to the wheels. Were they not strong enough?
woodman53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #124
COS
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinfire View Post
I didn't want to bump my own thread on this! But it has been a couple/few months since the build and I've cooked on this cooker ALOT. My caster wheels are now bent. I'm looking at other options to keep it mobile. Anyone have suggestions?
What was the weight rating of the wheels?

Old 07-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #125
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman53 View Post
What happened to the wheels. Were they not strong enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by COS View Post
What was the weight rating of the wheels?
Weight rating on the wheels are 300lb/each. I turn my wheels manually before moving because they don't want to swivel on their own and I haven't forced it to do so because that will also bend the wheels. The smoker weigh's less than 1000lbs. I only bought 1000lbs of steel. Didn't use but 800ish pounds as a rough estimate.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #126
COS
is one Smokin' Farker

Well thanks for your heads up earlier about the casters I did a little research on it before I bought mine. My pit will be lighter than yours about 300, with out the racks, legs and the foundation. They say to get casters that's rated three times more than what they should be. I went on the safe route and got ones rated for 550lbs, I know it's going to pain to replace the wheels and didn't want that. I think yours should've been rated for 600lbs.

I'm still waiting for mine to show up so I can continue my build.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #127
cheez59
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Weight rating on the wheels are 300lb/each. I turn my wheels manually before moving because they don't want to swivel on their own and I haven't forced it to do so because that will also bend the wheels. The smoker weigh's less than 1000lbs. I only bought 1000lbs of steel. Didn't use but 800ish pounds as a rough estimate.
In a perfect world where all the wheels were bearing equal weight on a level surface the 300 pound casters would be ok. The pro builders all pretty much put wheels on that are EACH rated for more than the total weight of the cooker.
I would get wheels rated at 1000 pounds each.
Lone Star Grillz mini insulated cabinet.Lonestar Grillz 20x42 offset. Broil King Baron Gasser, Vortex and Slow & Sear Plus, Weber 26" Original Premium, Weber Smoky Joe, Cajun Fryer 8-1/2 & 4 Gallon, The Big Easy oil-less fryer, BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2, Thermoworks Smoke, Maverick XR-50
cheez59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #128
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

I know I'm updating an old thread, Didn't want to start a new thread and have a mod send it to this one.

Its Upgrading time!! New caster wheels for the Vertical offset!

These game in the mail today. Rated for 1000lbs/each. My pneumatic wheels are bent. Can barely move the smoker. I say most of the bending is because of the soft wheels with air it won't allow the swivel casters to property turn without flexing the tire causing it to bend

More pictures to come after I install them.
While the smoker is being worked on, I'm also going to build deflector plates for the smoker. Does anybody have suggestions on building a baffle and deflector plate for this vertical offset?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #129
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Forgot to link a better look at the wheels

I'll either update this thread or make a cook thread when the upgrades are complete. I'm excited for a cook already.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #130
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

Quote:
While the smoker is being worked on, I'm also going to build deflector plates for the smoker. Does anybody have suggestions on building a baffle and deflector plate for this vertical offset?
Scroll down and look at what Smitty did and his review.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=241229
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #131
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
Scroll down and look at what Smitty did and his review.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=241229
We're making tuning plates for the smoker. Just wondering If I should keep the baffle or modify it a bit.

Tags
build, offset, Offset smoker build, smoker, Vertical