Fish And Shrimp Tacos

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Now that I'm slowly starting to feel better I'm getting back into swing of things. I hadn't done fish tacos in a while so I jumped on it.

Made a creamy chipotle sauce to dress the tacos with

DbX8bu4h.jpg

Along with pico

6CoBUvwh.jpg

And simple guac

Ikwvja8h.jpg

While at it, I craved shrimp tacos as well :clap2: so i seasoned some 21-25 shrimp

20PjbN4h.jpg

Of course the cod filet

2pXRgfCh.jpg

In the meantime I made flour toritllas

I3mXnGAh.jpg

FoKAcZeh.jpg

Fish and shrimp on the 26 indirect

7lcwVh1h.jpg

Then direct

DxxnhrSh.jpg

Assembly time with two fish and one shrimp tacos

AafgrBah.jpg

Pico

GhutMS9h.jpg

Sauce

SDMcUdsh.jpg

Finally topped with ponzu, Asian dressed cabbage and guac (I figured the flavors will work and they did)

pyfw2AKh.jpg

Close up

eiYia79h.jpg

These did not disappoint and hit the spot

ProeWIdh.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Looks tremendous! Tell me about the chipotle sauce please? Mayo and siracha/similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you!

I have a habit of using stuff I have on hand and taking pics of what all I used so I remember next time. I eyeball everything and just make sure the consistency is there (not hard to do at all) A quick taste test and I adjust if needed. Only things missing from the pics are garlic powder and freshly grated ginger. You absolutely don't have to use horseradish, ricotta, cilantro flakes and all but I utilize everything.

Oh and I deveined and de-seeded the chipotle peppers and ran an immersion blender at the end to pulverize everything for smooth creamy sauce.

zfwJbUZh.jpg

Those look DIVINE! I make Blackened catfish tacos sometimes with remoulade sauce and coleslaw.They are a treat.I gotta try those shrimp tacos.I love some shrimp.Those homemade tortillas have got to delishious.I just use storebought.:redface:

Those look DIVINE! I make Blackened catfish tacos sometimes with remoulade sauce and coleslaw.They are a treat.I gotta try those shrimp tacos.I love some shrimp.Those homemade tortillas have got to delishious.I just use storebought.:redface:

Thanks Hoss! Oooh! blackened catfish with remoulade sauce and slaw :hungry: Honestly the fish taco combinations are endless. Can't go wrong with shrimp tacos. I don't know which I like best.

Oh and homemade tortillas are a breeze. About 30-45 mins from start to finish when you're comfortable with them and they make a world of difference.

Sako, that is divine right there. I am all about anything fish and when you make a grilled, fish or shrimp taco (fried is good, but not as good), that is heavenly eats for sure. My first fish taco was a blackened fish and oh man did that open my eyes. Thank you for sharing!!:thumb::thumb:

Sako, that is divine right there. I am all about anything fish and when you make a grilled, fish or shrimp taco (fried is good, but not as good), that is heavenly eats for sure. My first fish taco was a blackened fish and oh man did that open my eyes. Thank you for sharing!!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Jeremy!

I honestly was debating fried or grilled but I craved grilled. :laugh: Grilled is in it's own league and I agree 100%. You're the second person that reminded of blackened. :hungry:

Beautiful Sako!

Thanks NE! Glad to see you brother.

Sako,

That is quite a meal, I wish I could join you my friend!

Thanks,
Greg

I need your tortilla method...tried making some flour tortillas of my own a couple weekends back and it was a massive failure...turned out more like pitas haha.

Those look great, as always!

Sako,

That is quite a meal, I wish I could join you my friend!

Thanks,
Greg

Thanks Greg! I wish I could join you guys in Chicago coming up. It was happening for a minute but now it's not. Bummer!

You are killing me Sako! I wish I could rewind my day and have that for dinner. Looks fantastic!

Thanks Josh! Always tomorrow brother. :thumb: Maybe I can make a trip one day and use your offset like Mad Scientist and we can hang out. :clap2:

I need your tortilla method...tried making some flour tortillas of my own a couple weekends back and it was a massive failure...turned out more like pitas haha.

Those look great, as always!

Thanks Suds!

The first few sucked (too thick) because I was using my tortilla press so I quickly switched to my dough roller and dredged the balls with flour rolling them really thin. :nod: As soon as they hit the CI pan they plumped up like you see in the pic.

Next time around I'm using good quality flour and lard to REALLY making it from scratch. I think I'm onto something.

BTW corn tortillas are way easier to make but as much as I love corn tortillas I kinda prefer flour with fish or shrimp.

This is what I had left over and what I used. While good I know I can do better than "ready made mix"

harina-preparada_hero

Found a pic. This thin

vxDJIv8h.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Sako those are really outstanding I'd love to try one!

Bob,

I gotta say you were the inspiration for this cook from the Bob C Cue's "mayo" thread. I drooled over your tacos and realized it had been way too long. Feeling a little better certainly helped.

So cheers to you Sir! :thumb:

I used a press too...maybe that was my problem. If I got them too thin they stuck to the wax paper - not enough flour, who knows. I was following a “Serious Eats” lard recipe hoping to get something in the same ballpark of my favorite tortilla ever - Caramelo out of Lawrence, KS (of all places). They’re amazing. May have to try using a roller next time :thumb:

I used a press too...maybe that was my problem. If I got them too thin they stuck to the wax paper - not enough flour, who knows. I was following a “Serious Eats” lard recipe hoping to get something in the same ballpark of my favorite tortilla ever - Caramelo out of Lawrence, KS (of all places). They’re amazing. May have to try using a roller next time :thumb:

Roller and believe it or not ---- A LOT OF FLOUR dredge I discovered is key. It will never stick. Oh and use a wood surface like a wood cutting board.

Thin like this

vxDJIv8h.jpg

Thanks Greg! I wish I could join you guys in Chicago coming up. It was happening for a minute but now it's not. Bummer!

Thanks Josh! Always tomorrow brother. :thumb: Maybe I can make a trip one day and use your offset like Mad Scientist and we can hang out. :clap2:

That would be fun!

Working tonight and now craving tacos at 0120.

Another amazing cook!

Back