MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #586
Brad McKissick
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Yep

Yes.... So far so good
Brad McKissick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #587
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkard View Post
I have been lurking and love the site. My only complaint is it is not mobile friendly.
have u tried the mobile style sheets? change to it at the bottom left of the homepage.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #588
Cohiba
Found some matches.

Heck Yea!!!!
Cohiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #589
kpq
On the road to being a farker

Love it!!!!
kpq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #590
Starchy
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Love this site so far. Just got a smoker three weeks ago, and have used it every weekend since. Lots of good info on this site.
Starchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #591
deuceklub
Found some matches.

I like the site alot, tons of information, I'd just like to see some of the topics broken down a little more, under Q talk I feel like there could be sections, for example, for builds, techniques, mods, n00b, etc. I'm looking to make/build/buy a new smoker and looking through the tons of threads in Qtalk and even using search is a task.
deuceklub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #592
troy76
Found some matches.

Very informative, considering subscription $25 is cheap for all the help I can get on this site.
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #593
Robert Yuras
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Just wish I could find the topics I've posted on..Too hard to find the thread the next day, especially in the Q-talk forum. Other forums I'm on you can click on the User CP, then click "my posts" and it will take you to every thread you've posted on.

Am I just missing that here?
Robert Yuras is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #594
deuceklub
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yuras View Post
Just wish I could find the topics I've posted on..Too hard to find the thread the next day, especially in the Q-talk forum. Other forums I'm on you can click on the User CP, then click "my posts" and it will take you to every thread you've posted on.

Am I just missing that here?
I think you can click on the hyperlink of your name in the top right hand corner, then go to statistics, but it may be a benefit of subscribing. I tried before subscribing and got message I couldn't see, subscribed and now I can see my threads. I'd suggest subscirbing to the threads you post or want to follow and you can see that in the user CP and can get email notifications on updates. Subscribe is at the top of a thread under thread tools, also an option to subscribe is under the text box when you reply or post.
deuceklub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #595
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

When you become a paying member for $25 you get an extra link at the top of the page under "Quick Links". Click, drop it down and you will see your subscribed threads (different subscription than subscribing to the site -- you can subscribe to a thread by posting in it and you can subscribe to the site for $25 or more, depending on the membership level you choose). Once you've posted in a thread it will consider you a 'subscriber to that thread' and send updates to the 'outside of the site' email address you used to become a member to the site. A lot of other doors will open when you subscribe to the site and the extra info available more than compensates. Every posting in a 'thread you subscribe to' will not be sent to your outside email address inbox. I keep a folder on my computer for threads I'm interested in, I just click the link and go to it. Doesn't matter if it's an old page, a click gets me to the last page. I said 'outside email address' because you also have access to an email address within the site, we call that "Personal Messaging" or PMing.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #596
Mccaf

Default Search function

Where is the link to search?
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #597
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccaf View Post
Where is the link to search?
For subscribed members, there are advanced search features at the top of the forum drop down links.
For non-subscribed members, there is a custom filtered google search engine at the bottom of the page.

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #598
pghbbqer

This site was the catalyst for my BBQ, smoker purchasing and Modding addiction.
pghbbqer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #599
T-BONE AND THE RIBLETS
Found some matches.

T-BONE AND THE RIBLETS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #600
2tall
Got rid of the matchlight.

I really enjoy this site! I've been smokin meat fanatically for the last six years, and find the information on this site top notch!
2tall is offline   Reply With Quote