MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
firecracker jack
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Proper reheating question

I know this has probably been asked a million times..But, while I was on the brethren site last night I left the meat out(cooked) for quite a while. It was cool when I finally put in the fridge(I'm sure it had been in the danger zone for sometime, maybe three hours or so). Is it safe if reheated to a high enough temp?...If not then It would be a perfect excuse to fire up the UDS and try a brisket or something...

Thanks,

Firecrackerjack
firecracker jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Crazy Harry
is Blowin Smoke!

If you have to ask.... your dog will have a good meal.
Crazy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker jack View Post
I know this has probably been asked a million times..But, while I was on the brethren site last night I left the meat out(cooked) for quite a while. It was cool when I finally put in the fridge(I'm sure it had been in the danger zone for sometime, maybe three hours or so). Is it safe if reheated to a high enough temp?...If not then It would be a perfect excuse to fire up the UDS and try a brisket or something...

Thanks,

Firecrackerjack
I would reheat it and not think twice. It is a different story if being fed to a toddler, elderly person, or being sold to the public.

This is the opinion of a guy that thinks pizza and White Castle hamburgers are better the next day after being left out on the counter all night.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
firecracker jack
is one Smokin' Farker

Ok,I'll take the chance....besides I'll only be makin my self sick...I'll tell the wife not eat any....That way If I live, there'll be all that much more for me!....Ummm pulled pork with my take, on someone else's take, on North carolina vinegar sauce!

Firecrackerjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Parker View Post
I would reheat it and not think twice. It is a different story if being fed to a toddler, elderly person, or being sold to the public.

This is the opinion of a guy that thinks pizza and White Castle hamburgers are better the next day after being left out on the counter all night.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Skip
is Blowin Smoke!

Whats quite a while? I think you'll be fine....as would your wife you selfish farker.

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...

Better to be safe than sorry, and don't give it to the dog either...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
firecracker jack
is one Smokin' Farker

If the next reply comes from the emergency room, you'll know I shouldn't have tried it...But too late...and yes it was good!

firecrackerjack

Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #8
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

The thing you've got to remember, it's not just the bugs that get you sick, it's also the toxins that are left behind when they die....
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote