High Plains Lockdown Freezer Dive - NC Barbecue (Pt 2 of X?) w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm thankful for a manager's special at the Commissary about 4-6 weeks ago.

AFMdRTsl.jpg

It's a beautiful morning to roll some blue smoke over the neighborhood.

D9MVZcSl.jpg

So you're rolling with only salt for now?

I sure am... that, and hickory smoke in a sauna running about... 315-330F (a bit higher than my normal 275, but that's where she wants to ride).

I'm generally following the Lexington, NC style... provided to us here by John (SirPorkalot)

My fat/skin side is currently up, but I'll flop that over shortly. Wanted to get the salt into the scores I made as I put her on to cook.

I sure am... that, and hickory smoke in a sauna running about... 315-330F (a bit higher than my normal 275, but that's where she wants to ride).

I'm generally following the Lexington, NC style... provided to us here by John (SirPorkalot)

My fat/skin side is currently up, but I'll flop that over shortly. Wanted to get the salt into the scores I made as I put her on to cook.

Yeah that SirPorkalot method is porkbutt simplicity at its best!

The past couple of weeks I've done about 18 pork butts and I've used a frankenrub on them all with decent results but the other day I did two more using only SPG and they turned out great...will be doing them this way for now on to keep cost down and besides that it taste great!

I've learned that all you need is a simple seasoning, smoke and a vinegar based finishing sauce is all that matters pretty much when doing pulled pork.

My buddy and I have been selling it to coworkers, friends/family with great success over the past few weeks and the vast majority of people absolutely love it this way. Its been a high demand for precooked meals lately.

Since we're geographically located very close to the Carolina's people come to expect pulled pork to be served this was as opposed to the super-sweat thick BBQ sauce.

You, sir, are an 'out of control-smokin' civilian', and I don't see anything wrong with that. That pork butt style is one of my favorites. Did you get a finished shot?

You, sir, are an 'out of control-smokin' civilian', and I don't see anything wrong with that. That pork butt style is one of my favorites. Did you get a finished shot?

Once it hit 160ish, I panned it (on a raised grate), wrapped it, and put it back in until about.... 205ish. Here she is, resting in the oven for a while.

IS4N61Gl.jpg

Meanwhile...

b1itDHtl.jpg

I really need some fatty... decided against the HDD experiment, but went with a couple of old favorites.

v6BNzikl.jpg

Locked down and nowhere to go, what's a man todo?

You're killing it Marc. :thumb:

The puns, along with the cooks, were spot on. Thanks for taking us along.

The puns, along with the cooks, were spot on. Thanks for taking us along.

The puns are the main event! They come right on 'cue! :tsk:

Blue Cheese 'Taters were also right on cue...

stoqSdEl.jpg

Plate sure wasn't too bad, neither... covering any need for greens around the edges.
- Scott's BBQ Sauce & Wicken Yanks Guerrilla Gold (SC-Style Mustard) around for any taste testing.
- Slug or two of Jim Beam Black (w/ H2O in various temperatures) to accompany

Wu1Xnucl.jpg

Back