Camp Fire Cooking

That looks terrible.

OK - it really looks awesome. I just don't have any - that's the terrible part.

First time For Turkey, My thermometer is not good, I don't think it is right, Served at 160F, too far done, dried some. What is a good thermometer for this?

LMAJ, I camp in Western Pa. You could come for a meal(LOL) But you'd be welcome

Larry

Best thing is to get an instant read thermo, and to check from time to time. I am a fan of the Thermo-pop, but, any one will do.

It looked good

I am running out of new things to cook, Now I guess I will try improving on those that I have done.

Larry

There better not have been any drinkin' or celebratin' going on while that bird spun! :p

Nice meal!

You can cook sooooo Many things with the sweet setup!

Looks good to me!

so where did yah get that nice pole, grate and rotisserie motor set from? I would like to get me one of those.

I spun my first turkey over the fire last year for Thanks Giving....you got me thinking of doing another soon.

Lavatools thermawand is fantastic at only 25 dollars. If i drop it in the fire it's not gonna be the end of the world and it's magnetic to stick to the fridge.

nmeyer414,
all but the rotisserie itself are hand made & parts from the Home Depot & tractor supply

Larry

Nice open fire setup, I like it!
Thermopen, a little pricy, but you can't beat the 2 second read

Best thing is to get an instant read thermo, and to check from time to time. I am a fan of the Thermo-pop, but, any one will do.

It looked good

looks tasty. maybe try doing a brine on it next time?

+1 on the thermopop...not quite as fast as the thermopen, but the ~$70 savings more than justifies the whole extra 3 seconds it takes for a reading, IMHO. I've got one, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Back