First shot at ribs gonna NEED ADVICE!

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Got some baby back ribs. Read I should go the 2-2-1 method any tips, advice, tricks? This will be my first go at ribs and it will be on UDS.

How many racks?
I don't foil till after the ribs are done, just to let them rest in a cooler. If you are cooking more then one, then do one rack 2-2-1, and the other unwrapped.
Make sure you remove the membrane from the back of the rack.
Have fun!!

just keep it simple let the smoker do its thing, you may want to let a few racks on a liitle longer than some of the others to see how well you like them done. The meat should have a little pull to get off the bone but some people like the meat to fall off. The most important thing is to have fun.

If they were my loin backs, I'd just get the smoker up to around 275-300, toss the ribs on and let the smoker rip till I hear the sizzling sound start to die down, that means they're almost done. With loin backs, that should take around 3 hours at those temps.

I wouldn't even open up the smoker at all till that point. Just let the low pressure cooking environment do its magic. Loin backs don't always pass the bend test when done, so I'd use a toothpick or something to probe for warm butter like texture.

Do yourself a huge favor and use the search feature at the bottom of the page. You will come up with scads and scads of threads with the exact needs you are looking for.

I promise you, you will not be disappointed with the amount of information you find. If you pay for a 1 year sub, ($25.00) you will get access to the cookbook and then you are really on your way to success!

Yes there are tons of threads on ribs on here you just have to do a little research. But while im here i'll give you some advice on how I like to do my ribs. I use the 2-2-1 method most of the time and put brown sugar, honey, tiger sauce over the ribs then wrap them. After that last hour un-wrapped I like to toss them on a gas grill or a charcoal grill over high heat for a few mins...I find that it adds just a little bit of a char flavor that i like. Hope this helps.... Most important thing is to find out what you like and have fun with it. I went through several racks of ribs and many methods until I figured out what worked best for me.

I agree you have to just jump in and try it until you get what works, I use to do low and slow for 5 or 6 hours and they were ok but sometimes dry, now I do hot n fast for 3 1/2 and they always come out just the way I like them, now I just play with rubs and flavors to refine that to what I want. I don't even foil them anymore, like mentioned above you will hear them dripping and when it slows down I start checking for probe tender.

Back