Brisket prices in Washington state

shskr

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Looking at getting a full Brisket. Any help from the brethren from Washington state? I live in Canada just north of blaine, washington; What are some prices for choice full brisket?
I'm trying to learn how to slow smoke a brisket, for a party in 3 weeks. Used the road map and did my first small brisket, with ok results. I think I got the temp alittle high before resting, did not cut well against the grain, it started to shred as I cut. Temp was 195` F.

Anyway since practice make perfect, I need to get a few more to practice on.

Hey I live in SKagit county but used to work in Bellingham. I get my Packers from the Cash & Carry in Bellingham the addy is 405 Ohio Street
Bellingham, WA98225 last time I got mine there it was $2.20 a pound. In fact I am headed there tomorrow after work to pick up some pork butts and chuck rolls

Thanks for the price check. Let me know if prices changed when you go tomorrow.

In Spokane Cash and Carry is the best place for packers. Bet it is the same over there as Lionhrt says.

I get flats at CostCo and they are about $3.49 for choice.

When I cooked Langley BC in May we stopped at the Price Chopper (?) just before the Border crossing in Blaine and I saw some reasonably priced and decent looking Briskets in the Meat case. Other than that Costco or Cash & Carry would be good sources. If you happen to venture down Seattle way, the Butcher Shop Cafe has KBA and Premium Proteins Kobe and Oregon Natural CAB Briskets.

Everything has gone way up. Just a few years ago we could get packers and butts on sale for 99 cents.

Everything has gone way up. Just a few years ago we could get packers and butts on sale for 99 cents.

Those were the days we ate like kings and our wallets stayed full also. I will post the packer price when I get back

When I cooked Langley BC in May we stopped at the Price Chopper (?) just before the Border crossing in Blaine and I saw some reasonably priced and decent looking Briskets in the Meat case. Other than that Costco or Cash & Carry would be good sources. If you happen to venture down Seattle way, the Butcher Shop Cafe has KBA and Premium Proteins Kobe and Oregon Natural CAB Briskets.

Thanks Brian. Sorry I did not see you in May, I was there enjoying the smell of Q.

USDA choice brisket at the business Costco in Lynnwood...full packers $2.02 per lb.

In Bellingham brisket was $1.88/lb at cash and carry I picked one up to make burgers

I go to cash and carry! Best price I have found for brisket. They only have boneless pork, so I shop elsewhere for that.

From Vancouver, USA not BC.

---
I am here: Google Maps

In Bellingham brisket was $1.88/lb at cash and carry I picked one up to make burgers

Thanks will check both cash and carry & Costco to see which looks better.
Was the brisket a full packers and was it choice?

Restaurant depot.

Go to kcbs.us and join. It's 35 for a year membership and then u can get day passes to restaurant depot without owning a restaurant

I go to cash and carry! Best price I have found for brisket. They only have boneless pork, so I shop elsewhere for that.

From Vancouver, USA not BC.

Funny when I am in the US I say I'm from Vancouver and they assume Van. WA. Except they say I talk funny. :heh:

Restaurant depot.

Go to kcbs.us and join. It's 35 for a year membership and then u can get day passes to restaurant depot without owning a restaurant

Interesting! Where is the closest Restaurant depot to bellingham?

Cash and Carry in Bham has "select" brisket at thay $1.88lb price (says its select or better...I usually find that its all select). They also have/had CAB briskets at about $2.29/lb...Red Star Ranch (haven't tried one of these yet, its on my list). I'm in that store several times a week for work. The Red Star beef was in a couple open boxes on a left-side (as you enter dli/meat cooler) lower shelf on Monday. You won't be the only one with blue and white license plates in that parking lot! ;)

Of course, my age could be getting the better of me...could be I just described the Tukwila location (I'm in there several times a week also)!!

Back