Covers for cookers

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Was gifted a new Primo Cover which revealed how bad my most other covers looked. Even though I don't use covers 24/7/365 I do like a neat patio
So went looking for a budget cover for my Oklahoma Joe Bronco. Under 10$ free shipping. I'm not disappointed. Heavy duty, Velcro straps, form fits. Need to find one for Fornetto Basso. Contacted Tiernan and the SOB Covers are not currently made. The person that did make them no longer does, new people contacted want 400 to make.
ATTST- Oklahoma Joe Cover is nice. High quality low cost

Last edited:
I have found heavy duty patio furniture covers that fit most of my cookers that are pretty inexpensive! Like a round patio table cover for the Weber ranch 29$! Do they fit like a glove no but they do the trick and don’t break the bank!

I got my Weber gas grill about 12 years ago. It was the first grill I got that wasn't second hand.

I bought an optional cover and was absolutely religious about covering it. If I woke up at 3am, heard rain, and realized I hadn't covered it, I'd go outside in the dark cold rain to put the cover on.

After about 5 years the cover had disintegrated. Removing it while it was covered in ice had led to a few rips and they just got bigger.

It's now been 7 years with no cover and there is no appreciable difference in wear and tear on the grill. The numbers on the thermometer are a bit sun bleached, but the grill is still free of rust.

When I got my BGE I didn't even consider a cover. In my opinion their only purpose is to keep off the dust (which they do). But a quick rub down with a rag every now and then does the job just as well. Also, the covers get covered in dust just as quickly.

I say let the elements do their worst, no covers for me.

Agree, unfortunately where I live, most dust is feedlot dust. Most rains are mud/manure balls. I describe it as PostalWeather. If I catch it I Cover during rain hail sleet snow. The new Primo Cover made my rag tag collection look like Id shined my boots but left manure on the heels

I'm not a big fan of covers for the most part. My experience is that my steel cookers seem to develop more rust from being under a cover because it seems like they trap moisture from humidity or from the damp concrete underneath them when the floor does get wet.

For reference, here's how an Amazon Basics kettle cover fits the FB. It's not perfect, but it has leg tie-downs to keep it from blowing away. I tried both the large and medium Unicook bullet smoker covers. Large was too big, medium was as short as the kettle cover.

fbcovered.jpg

Back