I got the most profound feedback about my brisket...

TonyBen

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I gave a few slices to some neighbors and one of them told me tonight that the taste and texture was excellent, but it was too.....MEATY?!

I have never received that kind of feedback on my BBQ. To be fair, he was a vegetarian who recently started eating meat.. He said he hasn't had beef in 25 years. I'm still very amused at his feedback.

Tony.

LOL. I'd be okay with that feedback. Not sure what to recommend as I kind of like, Meaty

I find it astonishing that someone would say that about a gift. Manners are dead, apparently. Oh well. Maybe he was a vegan. That's worse. :mrgreen:

I decided to make the critique my signature. :grin:

When he made the comment, I had that perplexed look on my face and I asked him to explain what he meant. What he was trying to say was that his digestive system hasn't adapted to eating beef yet. Eating dense beef (I gave him more lean cuts) made him feel sluggish.

He devoured my baby back ribs on 4th of July and I've run into him buying bacon at our local butcher. It's like running into a recovering alcoholic at the liquor store.

He's a work in progress. I'll get him there...

Tony.

Last edited:
I decided to make the critique my signature. :grin:
I've run into him buying bacon at our local butcher. It's like running into a recovering alcoholic at the liquor store.

He's a work in progress. I'll get him there...

Tony.

Pssssst.....Hey buddy, wanna buy some pork chops. Good chit.

Out of curiosity, did you ask him what he thought of the brisket or did he just tell you?

That would make a difference on determining if he was rude or not.

Take it as a compliment, at least he didn’t say it was hammy :biggrin1:

Out of curiosity, did you ask him what he thought of the brisket or did he just tell you?

That would make a difference on determining if he was rude or not.

I asked him for his feedback. There was nothing offensive about his critique and I can't stop laughing about it. :laugh:

He's a really good friend and probably the one I have the best relationship with in the neighborhood.

Tony.

Back