Best Way To Do A Pork Loin?

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just picked up a nice, fat capped pork loin today and I'm wondering what the best way is to Q this cut? Grilled, smoked or what? Thanks!

I did one yesterday. I et brine overnight, rinse it off and then let it rest in fridge for a few hours. Then add some rub and smoke low and slow until desired temp. If I have time I let it rest for a hour or so and finish with a hard sear.

It’s my wife’s favorite thing I smoke.

Rob

I'm with Rob. Pork loin is pretty lean inside, so you absolutely have to brine it overnight.

Going to do one with a red plum glaze on the Weber Rotisserie with a handful of cherry chips tonight. Hard to beat in my opinion.

I dry brine overnight with Harvest Brine, you can add a rub if you like the next day, then smoke, slice and grill.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Rotisserie is my favorite way. Season to your liking and bacon wrapped is always a hit.

Can't go wrong stuffing it either.

I found a random recipe on here long ago that I slightly adapted that I really like. I butterfly them. Spread on a block of cream cheese, put down ample amounts of ham slices on top of that, lay down a generous amount of spinach on top of that, then put some provolone slices on top of that. I roll it back up and secure it with some butcher twine. Slather the outside with Dijon mustard then use kosher salt, rosemary, and thyme seasoning. Then I throw it on the smoker. Its just a great combination of flavors to me.

I usually do chops and brine them. One of my favorites is Dr Pepper with some bay leaves and other additions then grilled.

A few options here

1. Cut it up into thick pork chops. We don't buy precut pork chops anymore. Just buy the loin and cut to desired thickness chops and grill em up

2. Smoke the whole loin to IT of 145-155, let it rest, and slice it up to desired thickness. Can brine, rub, inject, glaze, sauce, etc at your own discretion

3. (My personal favorite) Stuff it with sausage! I take a bread knife and insert it down the center to make a path for the sausage. We use keilbasa but you can use any you'd like. Can rub, inject, sauce, etc how you'd like. Smoke to 150-155 IT and slice it up. Big wow factor for guests with minimal effort. And who doesn't like pork stuffed pork?!?! :razz:

Well, I finally did the loin. I sliced some into chops and marinated them in Italian dressing and some rosemary. I fired up the MB560 set to 325* as suggested.
Boy, those were the juiciest chops I've ever had and super tender too. Thanks all for the help. Even the wife liked them and she doesn't like pork! This is one for the cookbook.

3Pd4pGQ.jpg

I've been buying whole ones at Sam's. They don't tend to be as tender as some others, so I cut it into roughly 1.25" slices, then pound them down to about 1". Season and then vaccum seal and freeze what I won't be cooking that night. Grill indirect until 110 then finish direct.

When we first met the wife told me she didn't like pork. Now, if we don't have chops once a week she gets angry.

I have been doing mine like Mad Scientist BBQ lately. I slice all the left overs and vac seal in 2s and 3s to use for lunch. All works great. I think next time I might cut in half just to make it more managable. Good luck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHJJiq5w4w

That looks like a winner recipe that I'll try. I still have half a loin left.

Back