MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #31
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

That is just about as good as it gets. My Baby is incredible, your will be too!

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #32
jafo28
On the road to being a farker

That looks awesome! Wish I had the room for something like that.
jafo28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #33
scrub puller

Yair . . . are those air-up tyres? Do you blokes reckon they are okay?

Cheers.
scrub puller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #34
awscwi
Full Fledged Farker

Yes they are air up tires....I don't foresee a problem with them.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #35
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Here you go brother some fresh pics

The footprint on the cooker is 24" diameter cook chamber is 62 inches long. bottom rack is 50 long by 22"deep top rack is 50" long by 21inches deep. Cook chamber is 3/8 thick

Fire basket has a weave pattern to keep a good coal bead.

Warmer has the Shirley added fire basket for dedicated cooks

Wagon wheel design up front with sealed bearings, will have a removable handle to steer with

Front shelf is removable we did this so we could make a bigger shelf, due to a fold down shelf hitting tires and having to be narrower.

Troy we like cutting in therms and wireless probe inserts and adding shelf underneath cooker. Also have to build your griddle. We asanblast and paint this week and be heading your way on the 13th along with the 3 sheets of 3/4 #9 wire 5ft by 10ft. The front may have to be counter weighted like Drakes. Rotating the doors 90 degree isn't all that much fun. LOL!!!!!!

Tyler has a couple of cookers ready to blast also.... in background very busy for a 2 man show!!!!!

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #36
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Built to last... those look great!!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #37
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Lookin FINE!!!! Awesome job again TQ!!! I so excited for you n junior Troy. I cant imagine how the bad the anticipation is getting yall. When ya nail down delivery call or text me. Hopefully I be off, I got a good bundle of fat lighter that was picked up bout 20-30 years agoby my grandfather. It's how I lit the Bg for the first time, kinda make it a little special ya know. Hell I still light it with it, never even used the propane starter on mine.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #38
Mark M
Full Fledged Farker

Unbelievable! All the Shirley "extras" are amazing. TQ, when you mentioned "rotating the doors 90 degrees", do you normally mount them on the end (90 degrees from where these are installed)? And a 3/8" thick cooking chamber, that is sweet! I need one of those!
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #39
AaronPo
is one Smokin' Farker

wow!! Just joining the Brethren, this is the first time I've seen one of these, so awesome!

Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #40
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

You need to call Ben and give him some pointers. Great job Paul.
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #41
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Unbelievable! All the Shirley "extras" are amazing. TQ, when you mentioned "rotating the doors 90 degrees", do you normally mount them on the end (90 degrees from where these are installed)? And a 3/8" thick cooking chamber, that is sweet! I need one of those!
Yes I do generally mount them on the end as most builders do
spinning the firebox 90 degrees has it own set of challenges but we manage to overcome some how. I do not love to do it this way because it does eat up more fab time. I do have one to do for the fellow brother who won the cooker in a raffle here on the brethren that we donated. It is going to be a trailer build and we will see how that goes, I am sure we will manage. Like I tell Tyler heck the Egyptians Built the prymadis surely we can do this.....

cowgirl Thx for the kind word Jen

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #42
awscwi
Full Fledged Farker

My Shirley Fabrication 24x50 patio cooker was delivered this AM by Cliff with Lost and Found delivery service. They were on time and very reasonable IMHO.Great service there.

I had a chance to thoroughly look it over before I went to work this evening and all I can say is WOW.

As a certified welding inspector, my job is to inspect welds a new nuke construction site in SC, so I have extensive working knowledge of welding and fabrication and look at welds all night long.

The craftsmanship put into this product shines through from the welding to the fit of the doors and on and on....

My cooker will be stored indoors and will certainly be passed on generations to come.

Paul was very responsive to all of my calls and questions and made me feel as if we had been friends for years.

Smoker pron to follow

Old 01-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #43
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Congratulations to you n the boy.I know you cant wait to get it burnin!! It looks awsome. I love my bg, but I'm gonna say looks like paul is on the way to give the other two rf smoker guys some trouble. Awsome job
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #44
Nutz4bbq

Congrats on the new rig... that pit going to be around for years to come
Nutz4bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offset smoker, TuscaloosaQ