• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weekend BBQ on Food Network

B

BrooklynQ

On "Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee" today at 5:00 EDT on Food Network.

Name of the episode.. Backyard Barbeque.

Here's how you make BBQ ribs...

"Make sure your grill is very very hot."
"Best way to make ribs is to simmer for 3 to 4 hours in beef broth.The beef broth helps keep the meat flavor in the ribs."
"Before Barbecueing, smear with sauce - be careful the meat will be already falling off the bone. "
"Keep them hot by putting a pan on the grill, add some water and cover with foil. Let them continue to steam."

Don't they ever teach the real thing on TV?

Only thing better is ribs in the crock pot with Kraft Original! :D

cmon. simmer for 3 to 4 hours? why the hell not teach the right way?

I posted one of these boiled recipies a while back--
Put it Jokes section, labeled it as a Joke (even though it was a real recipie).
As much as I/we love FoodTV--ya gotta take it with a grain of salt!
TIM

kapndsl said:
TIM

I posted a question a neighbor of mine had about boiling ribs, and the result from several bros was: Ban the a__ hole(me). I still have several pieces of my ass missing. Any pieces found, please mail back to me C.O.D.

markbet said:
kapndsl said:
TIM

I posted a question a neighbor of mine had about boiling ribs, and the result from several bros was: Ban the a__ hole(me). I still have several pieces of my ass missing. Any pieces found, please mail back to me C.O.D.

I think the missing peices are boiling for supper tomorrow! :lol:
That's why I used the "Jokes"--to protect my A** :lol:
Worked, kinda.
Now you know!
Just try some "Match Light" or "Lighter Fluid" stuff and see what happens!
Might want to put those in "Jokes" also :lol:
Great Guys and Gals here--we are just a tough crowd sometimes!
TIM

kapndsl said:
markbet said:
kapndsl said:
TIM

I think the missing peices are boiling for supper tomorrow! :lol:
That's why I used the "Jokes"--to protect my A** :lol:
Worked, kinda.
Now you know!
Just try some "Match Light" or "Lighter Fluid" stuff and see what happens!
Might want to put those in "Jokes" also :lol:
Great Guys and Gals here--we are just a tough crowd sometimes!
TIM

Thanks, but I think I will pass on that one...LOL! Hell they will send a lynce mob after me.. :cry:

My wife watched that show tonight and called me in from the garage to show me part of it. She said they looked really good. :shock:

I told her to watch her mouth, if one of the brethren heard her say that.....

I need to train her better before any of you meet her. :oops:

Saw this show on Sunday. Cringed, I wanted to throw the TV out the house for such stupid nonsense. My family could not understand what I had gotten so mad about. Then I tried to explain it to them. My son was the only one who stayed for the entire lecture. Of course the women in the family realized what I was talking about and left me in my anger. This is the type of thing I see my neighbors doing, and so badly want to run across the street and stop them. If they are going to boil the ribs on TV then DON'T call it BBQ. Just say "We will be cooking the flavor out of some ribs whwen we come back from this break."

icemn62 said:
If they are going to boil the ribs on TV then DON'T call it BBQ. Just say "We will be cooking the flavor out of some ribs whwen we come back from this break."

:lol: :lol:

You should hear me preaching at work, got a bunch of Q'er geeks that swear by that method.

I think they almost have me converted. :shock:

I think they almost have me converted.

Say it ain't so.

I think they almost have me converted.

(authoritative voice coming from bull horn) "John, put down your ribs and step away from the boiling water, this is the rib police! step away from the boiling water and cook the ribs slowly on a Brethren approved pit, we don't want any one or any ribs to be hurt, step away from the water!" :twisted:

You should hear me preaching at work, got a bunch of Q'er geeks that swear by that method.

LOL - I hear ya. When I get on top of my soapbox at work I loose the fellas after I get into Hardwoods, cooking temps, and theorys behind the long cooking time.

Also, just to think Sara is the Editor Chief and Executive Chef of Gourmet magazine. I really think they should ad a disclaimer in there magazine stating that they do not know jack about "Q". Or hire some of us to make sure they get it right a least.

Actually, these folks are helping me out. They are setting the bar so low that it's very fairly easy for me to impress people with my Q'ing (which is probably at the training wheels on level compared to this group). They keep boiling them bad boys & i'll keep lookin' good! :lol:

Egomania mod

People need to be educated on Qing. Until I came to this site, I was brought up believing that you always soak your wood prior to lighting the lighter fluid soaked charcoal. The same neighbor that boils his ribs thinks that you need thick black smoke to get a good smoke flavor. But when I try and tell him the correct way, he just looks at me like im nuts, or a mister know-it-all.

kcquer said:
(authoritative voice coming from bull horn) "John, put down your ribs and step away from the boiling water, this is the rib police! step away from the boiling water and cook the ribs slowly on a Brethren approved pit, we don't want any one or any ribs to be hurt, step away from the water!" :twisted:

LMAO!

SIR YES SIR!

Sports Fans

I can't find this show on the FoodTv website

Did you guys scare em off

or is this a Brethen

Urban Legend???

R

Back