Ciabatta on the BGE

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am behind in my Bread Baker's Apprentice challenge, partly because some of the breads weren't of any interest to me to do, or just variations of the past breads. But I finally got some Ciabatta done on Friday, on the BGE. Here are the photos for your viewing:

3731360900_cc486f6918_b.jpg

3730564671_0c69bcdab0_b.jpg

3730564349_0dca65c4d6_b.jpg

3734528263_534b0befa4_b.jpg

3735325840_dd472fb04b_b.jpg

that looks outstanding !!!

I'd fill that with chicken cutlet, roasted red peppers, mozzarella and basil and a splash of olive oil...

or some proscuitto, mozzarella and basil, tomato and red pepper..

nice !!

That looks very nice Curt, I've tried and failed at Ciabatta.

Any chance on the recipe for the ciabatta? I love it, but I have never found a recipe that I can make successful...

Ya did good on that Ciabatta Curt. I have some bakery experince and I can seethe light and airyness to the formed cells which is an indicator of a properly done ciabatta. Try a breakfast sandwich on one and you'll be amazed...

Oh man, that looks great Curt!
Bruchetta
French Toast

Gotta go eat something.....I'm hungry now........

Ya did good on that Ciabatta Curt. I have some bakery experince and I can seethe light and airyness to the formed cells which is an indicator of a properly done ciabatta. Try a breakfast sandwich on one and you'll be amazed...

Any hints on how to get bigger holes in the crumb? Too much kneading?

That looks really good Can almost smell it

It's straight out of the Bread Baker's Apprentice. There's a lot to the recipe; best thing is to get the book from the library, really. The parts on stretching the dough, etc., are best to be read out of the book.

That is good looking bread. Not sure about the recipe requirements, but I found more success with getting bigger holes my using a higher protein flour mixed into the recipe, a longer colder proof and making sure there was some moisture when the dough was placed.

The BGE was moist, and I misted it. I think the main thing is moving to a higher protein flour.. going to try to buy some bulk Sir Lancelot from KA... 14.2% protein.

Back