cwebber1

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So after years of drooling over everyone else's builds, taking mental notes here and there on my favorite features, I'm building my own(well having someone do the welding for me)! Next major parts to get done are the reverse flow baffle, shelves, counter balance for doors, handles, ball valves for drain and air intake to the firebox, paint....and probably a few other things that I'm not thinking of. This is going to be on a old toy hauler RV frame fully plumbed with hot water, 3 bay sinks, and hand washing station. I'm still designing on the fly so any feedback welcomed and appreciated. More pics to come!!! :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1929.jpg
    IMG_1929.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 344
Why so BIG? I wouldn't know how to run a Monster like that. :shock:

....I thought I was being good going with the 500 gallon not the 1000 :wink:

That is gonna be big and sweet! I have a tank like that I wanna trim to 650. Lots of uses for something like that. I plan on using mine for fundraisers etc after I retire.

It's a go big or go home mentality, right??! Texas is an awesome place.....to visit! I bleed CRIMSON! Really this will be 2 smokers in one. The warmer has a feed from the firebox that I will be able to adjust or close completely and just as a warmer

The tank is at the sandblaster and should be ready tomorrow, then we'll be able to start on the inside of the tank. Right now I'm leaning towards painting it with the high heat rustoleum but I kind of want a semigloss rather than flat or satin....but don't want to spend $50/pint. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm leaning towards painting it with the high heat rustoleum but I kind of want a semigloss rather than flat or satin....but don't want to spend $50/pint. Any suggestions?

I've settled on the Rustoleum High Temp Ultra after trying some other options (they all failed), but like you said it is more of a satin finish. Being insulated you could probably get away with a good semigloss, I use a lot of Rustoleum Industrial around the farm and I used that on my cook chamber (orange & blue); it has held up nicely. The only issue I see with using a semigloss on yours is the connection from the insulated firebox/warmer to the cook chamber, it will get pretty hot for a foot or so. FWIW, I would stick with a couple good coats of the Rustoleum High Temp Ultra.

Got the tracks and air dampener done in the warmer box today:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpg
    IMG_1933.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1934.jpg