Seasoning Snoop Dogg

Marquez

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Made up a batch of beef tallow for seasoning Snoop Dogg
Sprayed the interior and grates, and then wiped down. I approached it like when I season cast iron
Small fire for now to set the paint

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1572.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 218
Interesting. I have never used beef tallow. My 24 x 36 arrives in a few hours and I will need to season it with something. I was thinking spray canola oil. But now I have other thoughts. How common is this beef tallow for seasoning?

This is my first stick burner, and have little first hand experience so I am dependent on this site and others for guidance.

I came across this video from Jimmy Daniel (JD) on his Quetorials video channel on YouTube and it made sense to me. I had the trimmings in the freezer so it was worth a try.

When Kevin dropped off my cooker, he did mention using Pam spray to season.

Congrats on your new cooker, I really enjoyed cooking on mine! 8)

Interesting. I have never used beef tallow. My 24 x 36 arrives in a few hours and I will need to season it with something. I was thinking spray canola oil. But now I have other thoughts. How common is this beef tallow for seasoning?

Look at food grade mineral oil, that's what I use on the outside. It does a great job of protecting your smoker and isn't sticky. I apply it every 3 or 4 cooks. Takes about 15 minutes and is great piece of mind.

I use canola spray oil on the inside.

:wink:

'Cue is the only smoking I do, so I thought I'd have a bit of fun in naming my cookers since Colorado has *that* reputation.

The cooker looks awesome. But come on, we have way more going on in CO than the 420 and Cheba Hut image. The next cooker has to be named Mary Jane, that can cover you on skiing as well as the 420 image.

The cooker looks awesome. But come on, we have way more going on in CO than the 420 and Cheba Hut image. The next cooker has to be named Mary Jane, that can cover you on skiing as well as the 420 image.

I totally agree!

CO has *much more* than that limited image, and your suggestion is great.... so much that I wish I would have thought of it!

Snoop has made his appearance, and has left the arena.

Mary Jane has arrived!

I totally agree!

CO has *much more* than that limited image, and your suggestion is great.... so much that I wish I would have thought of it!

Snoop has made his appearance, and has left the arena.

Mary Jane has arrived!

Awesome! Make sure you have some Gin and Juice while you break that bad girl in!

Back