24x36 just arrived in Denver

I saw your smoker on Kevin's trailer after he dropped mine off in Nebraska!! Kevin is a great guy and also kept me updated on his travels after he dropped off 3 units in Kansas City. Have nothing but great things to say about him and his business. He also spent time giving me tips on seasoning and other things. The cost of shipping is well worth it...tried doing the math about picking up and couldn't justify.

Can't wait to get seasoned up and cooking. The ice just hit us last night but better weather ahead.

Big shout out to PJTexas for all his posts and information on Shirley's...really helped push me to the 24 x 36 and stick burning. Had really wanted a LSG mini but would have needed the off road package and with this and the other extras the Shirley was about $1800 less--that's a lot of meat!

Also thanks to the Shirley's for making an incredible product and having everything you need included...the wheel package is great! I chose the stainless shelf.

Checking out fatty recipes...

Kevin / LSG is a great "Goodwill Ambassador" for Shirley. They provide the personal contact that those of us who have our Shirley Cookers delivered would get if we went to the Shirley's shop to take delivery in person.

Mine was delivered late on a Sunday PM by Tim, who has since passed away, and he did the same as Kevin. Helped me push it up my driveway, installed the SS Shelf, gave me a quick run through of all the features, all before he headed off to deliver the last 24x36 on his trailer before heading back home to the FL Panhandle.

You sure don't get that service from some freight company that wheels a big box off the back of the trailer and, hopefully, doesn't drop if off the tailgate.

Kevin / LSG is a great "Goodwill Ambassador" for Shirley. They provide the personal contact that those of us who have our Shirley Cookers delivered would get if we went to the Shirley's shop to take delivery in person.

Mine was delivered late on a Sunday PM by Tim, who has since passed away, and he did the same as Kevin. Helped me push it up my driveway, installed the SS Shelf, gave me a quick run through of all the features, all before he headed off to deliver the last 24x36 on his trailer before heading back home to the FL Panhandle.

You sure don't get that service from some freight company that wheels a big box off the back of the trailer and, hopefully, doesn't drop if off the tailgate.

Kevin gave me his business card and even said to call him down the road if questions about the 24 x 36...he would know since he owns one himself!

Now its time for me to grab wood!

I've searched the previous posts for Denver area sources of wood, ranging from dedicated wood vendors to Craigslist postings.

I kinda know my way around charcoal cooking, and adding wood chunks.

Any advice on where to buy and how to evaluate good deals in the Denver area?

If its anything like my previous cookers, I'll be using it 2-3 times a week, short cooks for the afternoon smoke therapy, and a longer weekend cook just to appreciate the chance!

Thanks!

Back