Fish and Chips

BGEChicago

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So meat is out of the question for a couple more Fridays for me so I decided to do my usual Friday fish and chips and take you along. After a couple of years I finally found a batter mix that actually produces a light, flaky result:
picture.php
[/IMG]

Here is the whole deal:
picture.php

Thanks for looking!
Greg

Looks great. I love fried fish

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

For 49 years I have abstained from meat on Fridays during lent, growing up on the Illinois Wisconsin line I know mt way around a fish fry, VFW, Knights of Columbus etc... Friday this time a year is Cod and the fryer. You asked for the recipe and actually this is what I use, Miller High Life mixed with this:
picture.php
[/IMG]

https://mamma-mia-beer-foods.myshopify.com/products/beer-batter-fry-mix-naturally-gluten-free

Again, had my fair share of battered fry but this is the lightest I have ever had, it's twice as crispy as a potato chip... Blows my mind... it soaks up any condiment, really unique. For the Illinois boys you can get it at Supreme Lobster https://www.supremelobster.com/

Thanks,
Greg

Looks great and thanks for the heads up on the batter mix! I love love love fish & chips. Like a lot. Yours looks fantastic!

That looks awesome. Fried fish is one of life’s simple pleasures and one of my favorite things.

Looks perfect, except I like my fish with tartar sauce.:clap2:

That looks tasty, but I always find beer batter to present itself as greasy.
Maybe I should do some testing of tempura.
Ed

Looks delicious, Greg!

I'm especially impressed with how the ketchup "peeled out" as it scooted around the plate to end up just right of the fries. :roll:

That looks really good! I will eat that any day, 4 times a week if given the opportunity. Fish n Chips is my favorite meal. Do you do anything special to make that mixture better?

Last edited:
Wisdom! Let us attend!

Oh my! Perch/Pike/Walleye! Shut the front door! I can smell, taste, and feel that goodness!

God bless and stay well!

Back