MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:59 PM   #1
BGEChicago
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : none
Default Ok, Tomorrow if Friday. Best seafood recipe

Hey Guys,

So with the the wife being a Greek Orthodox and me being a Catholic, meat on Friday is not an option.... With that being said, beer batter cod is getting a little old... While we love fish and seafood, the same old, is well... getting a little old. So anyone have a good idea for tomorrows dinner? We do like seafood of all kind and actually have a great place to source it even though we are landlocked https://www.supremelobster.com/ I'm kinda running out of ideas and can use your help.

Thanks in advance!
Greg
BGEChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #2
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

I'd check to an hors d'ouvres based dinner... 2-3 courses of options.

Plus adult beverages. Do it right. Seriously.

COURSE 1 -

Who doesn't enjoy a really damned good dry Bombay Sapphire Martini served with Ina Garten's Smoked Salmon Spread/Dip on Homemade Crostini!?

While CINCHOUSE is munching on those crostini and salmon spread, I'd have the kettle fired up...

COURSE 2 -
Have a nice chardonnay chilled and ready for round 2. That said, you could easily check to a red. If you're reading this beforehand... Throw this stuff in a ziplock bag for a couple of hours before CINCHOUSE gets home...No measurements.. just roll with it. It'll be good!

- MUSHROOMS
- Balsamic Vingar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Ms. Dash
- EVOO

I added this to the kettle with the Vortex running on high for 20-30 minutes with great results. Flip as required for color.

COURSE 3 -

Sweet. You need an oldie but goodie - https://www.food.com/recipe/strawber...te-wine-136110

This will cut through all of the rich meatiness of those mushrooms and really allow those strawberries to shine, while providing something light and fruity to those who're looking for that sort of escape.

Whatever you choose - do it right, Greg. Best to you and the family.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2020, 11:23 PM   #3
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Scampi bruscetta? Halibut poached in a court bouillon served with a buerre blanc?
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #4
LYU370

Pampano, grilled whole, one for each person. Cheap & delicious. Grilled Mackerel. Red Snapper with a garlic sauce like the Mexican restaurants make. Shrimp Scampi with LOTS of garlic.

Just no tilapia. Nasty tasteless fish.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
lunchman
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dom

Yep, it's Friday. Hard to keep track of what day of the week it is.

How about a garlicky white wine sauce with mussels, shrimp, scallops served over a bed of pasta. With a side of crusty bread. We do variations of this quite often, it's quick to prepare.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #6
mjpmap
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I do a variation of a piccata. Take any type of fish other than tuna. A light flour dredge with SPOG. Cook through on both sides in cast iron with olive oil. Remove the fish and melt half stick of butter in the pan. Add the juice from one lemon and as many capers as you like. I also like to add black olives. When the sauce starts to thicken & bubble, pour it over the fish. Zest the lemon over the fish & you’re done!

Old 04-03-2020, 07:47 AM   #7
Whodat985
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Whodat985

The bishop in our area canceled no meat on friday the remained of lent. We do crawfish every Friday.
Whodat985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #8
pmad
is One Chatty Farker

I'm doing lemon risotto and scallops
pmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #9
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Oh you guys be all fancy and such!
Tonight I'm taking a bag of crappies and bluegills out of the freezer and hit the egg wash then into half and half seasoned flour/cornmeal and pan fry till nice and crispy. Get the flour tortillas warmed add fish, coleslaw mix, shredded cheese tartar sauce or Hidden Valley fold and eat 3, no 4, perhaps 5 of 'em.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #10
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

Check Cowgirls recent post with salmon Its outstanding
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 08:44 AM   #11
creek bottom
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
Oh you guys be all fancy and such!
Tonight I'm taking a bag of crappies and bluegills out of the freezer and hit the egg wash then into half and half seasoned flour/cornmeal and pan fry till nice and crispy. Get the flour tortillas warmed add fish, coleslaw mix, shredded cheese tartar sauce or Hidden Valley fold and eat 3, no 4, perhaps 5 of 'em.
Ed
As somebody on here says, "Good".

A1 Competition Smoker; Meadow Creek 96; Oklahoma Joe's Bronco (gone but not forgotten); Weber 26" & 22" Kettles; Camp Chef XXL Pellet Smoker; Blackstone 22" Portable; Weber 300 Series Gasser; Masterbuilt 30" Electric Cabinet
creek bottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #12
EricD
is One Chatty Farker

Maryland crab cakes for appetizer,
New England Clam chowder
Then baked Stuffed lobster
22" Weber Kettle black, 18" Weber Kettle black,Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Weber Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, The Big Easy, Anova Immersion Cooker, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotisserie, Infrared temp gun, Maverick ET-732, ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mats
EricD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #13
Maylar
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Seafood bisque, cedar planked salmon.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #14
KevinJ

Blackened Red Snapper, with a bed of sautéed spinach and parmesan smashed redskins topped with beurre blanc sauce. We also like to use Scamp, Grouper and Mahi whichever fillets look the best when I go to Joe Patti's Seafood Market, will be heading over there this afternoon.

WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #15
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

The first thing that came to my mind was pan fried catfish on rye with tartar sauce and a dash of hot sauce. Maybe cook up some hush puppies too and some homemade coleslaw.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is online now   Reply With Quote