Side of Beef - Good deal!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our local butcher/processor does sides of local beef.

I saw a sign a couple of weeks back where there said $2.99/lb for a side, so I called and ordered up one.
They said they were backed up due to the crisis and it maybe 4-5 weeks.

Well they called yesterday afternoon much sooner than promised!).
The cow was just freshly dispatched yesterday and my order would be ready to pick up today.

I ended up with 381 lbs of beef for $1,083.00 out the door, plus I got to pick the cuts i wanted when I ordered.

That works out to $2.85lb if I’m doing my math right.

I’m splitting it with a friend, so we will both end up with ~190lbs of Beef.

I’m reorganizing freezer space now

Nice!!! My wife and I get a 1/2 from a friend of mine every year. It's hard to beat the price and the quality for that matter. I know where it was raised and what it was fed. Some of the best beef I've ever tasted to be honest. Plus, having the choice of cuts and how it's packaged is a bonus too. Congrats and enjoy!

John, that's awesome.........

Next time you go in for a side or 1/4, make sure they hang it for at least 2 weeks. Most lockers around here do that standard. It's even better if you can get them to let it go for 3 or 4 weeks. It IMHO just makes the meat that much better due to the slight aging.

Ed

John, that's awesome.........

Next time you go in for a side or 1/4, make sure they hang it for at least 2 weeks. Most lockers around here do that standard. It's even better if you can get them to let it go for 3 or 4 weeks. It IMHO just makes the meat that much better due to the slight aging.

Ed

When I said freshly dispatched, I’m just gonna assume I meant “done hanging and ready to butcher” :)

Dinner tonight, let’s see how these are.
Looks promising.
351f40ab08ede7ed281240b2703eed25.jpg

The color and marbling on those looks great John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back