Costco steaks blade tenderized?

...I have always found their "Prime" to not quite be on par with other local maybe "higher end" grocery store Prime steaks.

Me, neither. I much prefer our local grocery store that has a great meat department. I buy the prime Costco steaks much of the time because they're cheaper. But I think I'm done with them. I'd rather do more low-and-slow and eat better steak less often.

Local market (and look at how they trimmed them!):
picture.php

picture.php

Costco (I cooked two of these so far and they were just "ok"):
picture.php

Me, neither. I much prefer our local grocery store that has a great meat department. I buy the prime Costco steaks much of the time because they're cheaper. But I think I'm done with them. I'd rather do more low-and-slow and eat better steak less often.

Local market (and look at how they trimmed them!):
picture.php

picture.php

Costco (I cooked two of these so far and they were just "ok"):
picture.php

Wow, your prices are a little higher than my area...

I buy Costco Prime most times I cook steak. IMO, while it may not be the best steak out there, for what I pay, about: $6.59/lb for Sirloin, $10 - $11/lb for NY Strip and $13/lb for Ribeye, it's a good bang for the buck.

If I were able to get better steaks for a few dollars more, I probably would. I just know the Costco steaks are much better than those at the grocery stores around here, at least for my tastes.

I also have never had an issue cooking to medium rare.

I've started stocking freezer with steaks just to avoid being in a pinch and buying lesser quality. Just my preference now. First world problems lol

Wow, your prices are a little higher than my area...

I buy Costco Prime most times I cook steak. IMO, while it may not be the best steak out there, for what I pay, about: $6.59/lb for Sirloin, $10 - $11/lb for NY Strip and $13/lb for Ribeye, it's a good bang for the buck.

That's way less. Everything is expensive here. :mmph:

Back