Weber smokefire shipped

Everyone speaking of groups and whatnot, do you have links? Is it okay to post those? If not, can you message me them, I'd like to take a look. Thanks.

Quick kudos to all that stepped up to be early adopters... always risky to jump right into a new product and have to get through all the warts and bruises. Allows the rest of us to assess and figure out if we want to dive in. Also probably really helps Weber improve it. Thank you!

Come on Mat!!!

Mine is still sitting on Weber’s dock!!!

I need to live vicariously through you!!!

Assembled my ex6 today. Initial thoughts:

Assembly: A bit of a pain, but well organized packages. Took about 2.5 hours by myself (i'm not that handy).

Build Quality: Probably most impressed. Feels like another league from my daniel boone from 5-6 years ago. Yoder YS640 (use for comps) is a bit beefer than the Weber, but I don't think that'll make a big difference.
Surface area: Feels pretty damn big. Good enough for most backyard folks.

Performance: Too early to say. With a wind chill of -15, it maintained about 460F internal while doing some chicken thighs. No real flame ups that I could tell, but noticeable flame. The bars seemed to do the job. There seemed to be a little variation from side to side, but will need to test more.

Flavor: Good, but I don't think boneless, skinless chicken thighs are a real test. Will try something else over the weekend.

App: I need to finish setting up the app tomorrow. It failed to update once over bluetooth but I was probably 50ft away so likely out of range.

On Grill Controls: Simple and easy. Like them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200212_172109.jpg
    IMG_20200212_172109.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 462

Assembly: A bit of a pain, but well organized packages. Took about 2.5 hours by myself (i'm not that handy).

Build Quality: Probably most impressed. Feels like another league from my daniel boone from 5-6 years ago. Yoder YS640 (use for comps) is a bit beefer than the Weber, but I don't think that'll make a big difference.

Performance: Too early to say. With a wind chill of -15, it maintained about 460F internal while doing some chicken thighs. No real flame ups that I could tell, but noticeable flame. The bars seemed to do the job. There seemed to be a little variation from side to side, but will need to test more.

Flavor: Good, but I don't think boneless, skinless chicken thighs are a real test. Will try something else over the weekend.

App: I need to finish setting up the app tomorrow. It failed to update once over bluetooth but I was probably 50ft away so likely out of range.

NICE! That thing looks pretty dang big...can hold a ton of meat I bet

Nice, can't wait to get mine.

Looks awesome. When you say it held 460. Is that what you had it set at? Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more reviews & some IR readings on the temp variance. Sure does look nice!

Last edited:
God I want one of these farkin' things so bad!!!...........I'mma have to wait and see what all accessories are available. They mentioned something in one of the videos about a wheel upgrade. Those castors don't cut it for me.......

Good question. It was actually set to 600F. It couldn't meet that max temp, but I think just about any non-insulated smoker would have similar issues. -30 wind chill now. I don't think I'll be using it today :lol:

I just called the trucking company. Mine is supposed to arrive in Portland tomorrow with them calling me next week to schedule delivery. I am going to try and pick it up at the terminal tomorrow if it gets in early enough.

Bbq guys has a good video of the smoke fire. Their burgers on the smoke fire look damn good imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine all put together yesterday. Tried to fire it up and no smoke today! It's -6 out and I don't feel like troubleshooting. Fan runs. Auger runs. Everything is going in the firepot. Just no smoke. No fire.

Gotta be something with the fire rod with how I installed it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got mine all put together yesterday. Tried to fire it up and no smoke today! It's -6 out and I don't feel like troubleshooting. Fan runs. Auger runs. Everything is going in the firepot. Just no smoke. No fire.

Gotta be something with the fire rod with how I installed it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You may have the firepot cover turned around with the screws moved back a bit. This creates a lip between the firepot and slide that prevents pellets from moving into the firepot. In the manual, there is an arrow which vaguely shows that the screws should be front forward.

Back