MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
superdan
Full Fledged Farker

Default Out door sink/prep table.

Hey All,

I'm thinking about getting a fish cleaning table with a roughly 24"x20" sink and a 36"x20" prep area to put out in my bbq zone. They're stainless and have a faucet. Anyone else done this? The place that makes them does customizations (not that there's much to change) but any advice or input would be great!!!
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
superdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a 2' x 6' piece of granite left over from our kitchen remodel & want to build something like an outdoor prep table.... I was thinking Hot Water is a must & stainless sink as you have, but not sure how to go about it & wanted the table to be on wheels & portable.... So still thinking.... Just my thoughts, keep us posted.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
superdan
Full Fledged Farker

Far as hot water goes, I was thinking an instant hot water heater. I am putting the table right next to a hose bib but no hot water line. The only rub with the instant hot water heater is they are not supposed to be outside so I'll have to put it in a protective box. But for now, I will be more than happy with cold water alone.

I really think the fish cleaning station is the way to go for outdoor use. All stainless, all the time
superdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I used a cheap propane camping shower heater to mine...about 130 buxck

Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
Garrett
Babbling Farker

The only problem that I see with a fish cleaning/ BBQ prep station is after cleaning fish and no matter how good I try to clean that area there are always scales leftover. I guess you can always keep it mind while you cleaning that you will be prepping Que on it later.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 AM   #6
K-JUN
is one Smokin' Farker

Some nice features would be. A marine edge, backsplash, and pre-rinse spray faucet. Some of those details can be seen here.

Brady

Cajun Grill by Percy Guidry; 22.5" WSM; GMG Daniel Boone; Crown Verity Gaser
K-JUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

Most all outdoor Instant Lp/Nat gas water heater's have a spicket on it so you can pull off that if you have one. I've got one and it's HANDY!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Deep South
Full Fledged Farker

I didn't want the expense of a second water heater so I just had a 1/2" pex line run from the house water supply. It might take longer to get warm but it works for me.

The sink idea is a good one but restaurant sinks work just as well. I found mine on Craigs list for less than $100.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
basuraman
Full Fledged Farker

My wife is dead set against this. I have tried to convince her of something similar.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Deep South
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuraman View Post
My wife is dead set against this. I have tried to convince her of something similar.
Why is she against it?