THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
So I'm visiting in-laws in North Carolina and they wanted me to cure and smoke them some bacon. I cured the bacon for a week while I was at home and today I'm gonna cold smoke the bacon with Apple pellets. The in-laws don't have any kind of smoker or BBQ so I'm using a cardboard box.

ype2ubez.jpg

I took 2 left over pieces of quarter-round and ran them through the box to rest 2 cooling trays on them. I used my homebrew cold smoker and set it on another cooling tray and put foil under it so I wouldn't burn the deck up.

sezesame.jpg

renytu3a.jpg

mu4a3yne.jpg

I'll be letting the bacon smoke for 8-10 hours. It's gonna be delicious! Thanks for looking!

Chris

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nice, Something I can rarely do In our winters, The lowest it goes in my area is 45f nights and 65f days all in 24 hours.
But when I do, I use a Pro Q cold smoke generator and sit it on the bottom of a WSM.
My fave is cold smoked salmon

Back