FEBRUARY ***SPECIAL*** "Foods You Love!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All Month!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our February SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"Foods You Love!"

TRI-TIP-2-24-21.jpg

This was Shiz-Nit's winning entry in the 2021 "Foods You Love" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

1. Cook a favorite meal or dish that you keep coming back to! We encourage you to provide details as to why it's a favorite dish and what inspired it, if applicable.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Thursday, 2/1 through Monday 3/4.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 3/4/24.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I relocated to rural Alabama from Chicago suburbs during covid. The only thing we truly miss is the food. Pizza in particular, but others things as well. so I took it upon myself to learn chicago pizza, both styles. I feel like I've gotten to the point where it's good enough that I wouldn't ever go out for pizza again.

Thin Crust Italian Beef and sausage pizza with hot giardinera:

418510435_10231751708524278_8770383729795540778_n.jpg

Chicago Style (lou malnatti's clone) pepperoni Deep Dish:

97541352_3242796292417733_5501828066516664320_n.jpg

Looks good! Thin crust properly cut and everything. Is this an entry? If so, which pic would you like to use for the entry?

You can have Multiple Entries. Pick one for Entry 1 and the other for Entry 2. Have never seen 2 entries from the same post before

I was never a fan of cooking a whole chicken. Then I found the Brethren and got schooled on dry-brining and that changed everything. Now one of my favorite foods is whole chicken, either on the rotisserie OR spatchcocked on the Santa Maria grill. As the weather has been $h!t for months, it was time to do another fireplace-rotisserie-chicken cook.

Please accept this as my entry:

2.jpg

Cook thread is here

Back