This was posted to the Brethren FB Group:

N35RQXPl.jpg

IPvwreyl.jpg

EVi3Ib8l.jpg

qJFnvKNl.jpg

CF0g5VAl.jpg

7u1sirBl.jpg

BqhTAonl.jpg

"In resolution of these allegations, Built Rite has entered into a consent judgment with the Attorney General’s Office requiring it to, among other things:

pay $338,545.72 in customer restitution;

comply with the Georgia Fair Business Practices Act and the Ga. Comp. R. & Regs;

cease advertising, soliciting or taking payments for, operating or conducting any raffles; and

pay a civil penalty of $547,000.00, which will be waived if Built Rite complies in full with the provisions of the Consent Judgment and if the Attorney General’s Office does not receive, between now and November 20, 2024, any additional verifiable, actionable complaints against Built Rite that indicate violations of the Consent Judgment."

http://consumer.ga.gov/news/press-r...rs-llc-to-pay-338-545-in-customer-restitution

He even talked the local AG into giving him more time. Wow.

It also does not say he can't continue doing business, it just says he cant do raffles or rip people off. This dude should be in jail.

Last edited:
This is on the Georgia Dept of Law/Consumer Protection Division website. I got my email last week. He's got 500.00 of my hard earned greenbacks... The fact that there are so many people in the same boat seriously pisses me off . . . You can bet your ass I'm filing. I do not like being taken for a fool. And yet I feel like I have. And my wife continues to remind me of that...

http://consumer.ga.gov/news/press-r...rs-llc-to-pay-338-545-in-customer-restitution

Just hoping he hops back on to explain!

who? mr. boston?

are you crazy? I've been waiting for almost a year for a cooker I'll never see. I've heard all the explanations and excuses in the world. a funeral. a sick grand baby. my dawg got the mange. i'm behind becuase blah blah blah...

there's nothing he can say now, tomorrow, next week, next month or next farkin year that will make me believe he's any but a thief.

Last edited:
Just a followup - the State's attorney general and Mr. Boston have agreed to settle this with those who have filed with the GA CPD (its on the website). The judgement is going to be expensive for mr boston, as it should. those who file before the april deadline (think that is it), will recieve their deposits back from built-rite over the next 3.5-4 years. Its not optimal, but its better than nothing.

And then comes mr. boston trying to convince those folks whose money he's already taken, to give him a second chance and not file with the AG. While I would have loved having one of his smokers (assuming he actually builds smokers), I'll not be taken a fool for a second time.

*****er needs to get on his knees and repent.

Back