Kosmos or TPJ Apple Habanero

ewatts2003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hoping to get some insight from the Brethren. Has anyone compared the Kosmos Apple Habanero Rib Glaze and the Texas Pepper Jelly Apple Habanero? My current rib recipe uses TPJ but nobody local carries it. I am going to pick up some Kosmos this weekend and do a comparison but just wanted to see if anyone else has any input. Thanks!

I only used the Kosmo's for one comp this year. I waited for last second assuming my local TPJ source would have it in stock, they didn't but had Kosmo's. Got my first negative comment card on ribs "disliked fruity flavor". Maybe I'd have gotten the same comment with TPJ, who knows. However I'll never wait to the last second again to have my TPJ on hand.

I used Kosmo's after it came out last year. This year, I switched to the TPJ, only because I like how much thinner it is. The Kosmo's is way thicker, and I didn't like that as much.

I used Kosmo's after it came out last year. This year, I switched to the TPJ, only because I like how much thinner it is. The Kosmo's is way thicker, and I didn't like that as much.

I haven't tried Kosmo's product. You nailed one of the bigger benefits of using a glaze of that type. The pectin will help the sauce lay out evenly while warm, and then hold it in place as it cools and the pectin starts to firm back up.

Full Disclosure: I've been known to cook with TPJ, so some may consider me to be biased.

I use both of them in different ways. To me it's not one versus the other but a preference for one over the other in the places they are used. Both awesome products.

Ive been using the Triple 9 Honey habanero and apple habanero. I just tried kosmos apple cherry and it was decent. Gonna use it again next comp to see if it stays consistent

Back