Zombie Pit Returns, pt 2!!

Does your deflector plate have any holes in it and where were the ribs at in regards to the deflector plate? I'm wondering if they were somehow out of the smoke/draft flow and somehow in a pocket of cooler non-flowing somewhat stale smoke?
Have you used that wood in a diff smoker successfully?
Perhaps a biscuit test is required.

Love the build BTW! You'll get er dialed in :thumb:

Does your deflector plate have any holes in it and where were the ribs at in regards to the deflector plate? I'm wondering if they were somehow out of the smoke/draft flow and somehow in a pocket of cooler non-flowing somewhat stale smoke?
Have you used that wood in a diff smoker successfully?
Perhaps a biscuit test is required.

Love the build BTW! You'll get er dialed in :thumb:

The diffuser doesn't have any holes in it- it's just a solid plate that sits above the stoke transfer tube to block any flames and spread the smoke throughout the chamber.

I guess its possible that the smoke was going straight up the sides of the cooking chamber and bypassing the meat for the most part, but the thermos are in the center of the cooking chamber and temps were still 300*+.

Yes, this is the same lot of cherry that I've used many times in my UDS with great success.

As a sidenote- I gave half of the ribs to my sister and they ate them for dinner that same day, only throwing them onto the grill for a bit to heat them back up. They said they were great and were happy with them.

I know they weren't up to my standards tho, the fat wasn't fully rendered, they were tough/undercooked and the smoke flavor was off from what I normally produce out of my UDS.

I'm gonna bring the smoker back to my house and try to do a few more cooks and see how they come out.

Back