Question on pulled beef/shredded beef

S

suprfast

I have a craving for some shredded beef/pulled beef sandwiches but not sure which cut to use. For beef im normally a trip tip, brisket, or steak kinda guy but i need to expand everything i do daily.

Is there a specific cut, do i get what is on sale, fattier the better.
I was thinking of a standard roast(for the crock pot, but i only use that bad word to describe what im talking about, never would i put meat in a crock pot:)).

Should i inject? Id like to pick it up tonight and start it tomorrow for some mmmmmmmm, good dinner.
kris

I would go with chuck roast, either go boneless or 7-bone, either will make good pulled beef.

chuck all the way and nothing "dirty" about crock pot or even a dutch oven!

I use the boneless chuck roast for shredded beef sandwiches

I would go with chuck roast, either go boneless or 7-bone, either will make good pulled beef.

Chuckie's are good, and so are English cut beef short ribs. 1 piece shredded with a fork makes a great pulled beef sammie on a burger bun.

Hard to beat a chuckie with Montreal Steak Seasoning for pulled beef.

Chuckie's are good, and so are English cut beef short ribs. 1 piece shredded with a fork makes a great pulled beef sammie on a burger bun.
Absolutely true on the English Cut short ribs, I do not think I have ever had leftovers when I make those.

Back