MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Pappy
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Photo gallery: Smokers - uds - grills - modifications

PHOTO GALLERY: SMOKER - UDS - GRILL - MODIFICATIONS
Thought it would be fun to build a photo gallery of the different ways that people make BBQ things work better.
Please share photos of your modifications that made something a little better than it was before. Others can look and get ideas from your work or create new ones. It can be anything that makes the BBQ experience easier or better. I know there are some very talented people and some that are still learning and trying hard. Doesn’t matter, if you made it yourself or had someone make it for you, just post it and share it with the others. There is always someone with a better idea. Don’t have to say anything. Just post a photo. A picture can be worth a thousand words.
When I was a kid, I would see my dad working on something and I would ask him what he was doing. He would say “Trying to make something out of nothing”. I think I got a little bit of that from him. I think that’s part of the reason I liked building the UDS and fixing up the old offset smoker.
Post some of your pictures a let’s see your BBQ mod’s.

Charcoal basket from an old trash can

Char-Broil restrictor plate & 1/4" steel defusser plate

Restored Char-Broil smoker, cedar wood shelf, wheels, paint, handles, thermometers

UDS, salvaged Char-Broil gasser shelf, wind proof paper towel holder

UDS papertowel holder design

UDS charcoal basket (weber grate & pencil rod), plow disk ash pan

Performer paper towel holder

Performer paper towel wind proof bar

Performer paper towel holder design

Performer thermometer probe port

Performer extra hooks that fit smaller tools

Char-Broil grease drain valve

Char-Broil tool hooks
Thanks for looking.

Thanks from: --->

Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
el_matt
Babbling Farker

Awesome idea for a thread!

Matt
el_matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
basuraman
Full Fledged Farker

Nice..Mine are all stock at this point.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
huntin smoke
On the road to being a farker

I custom built this Vertical smoker and I used a harrow plate from a tractor as a defusser plate. Pappy also got the shelf for me from an old grill a guy we work with was throughing away. We also salvaged the wheels from a local scrap yard. I am getting ready to start a UDS build and I am throughing around the idea of using the bottom for a lid. I bought an old weber and it has 3 dampers on the bottom and I think it would be great as a lid.

Tags
Grill, MODIFICATIONS, PICTURE GALLEY, smoker, uds