Full Spares

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't done a rack of full spares in quite a while. Grabbed a rack from Wally World yesterday.

Fk2ZGHYh.jpg

Went with a couple coats of Simply Marvelous Genie's Trinity.

aBbdTLEh.jpg

On to the Big Joe with some pecan, running at 280*.

bWZbIsjh.jpg

Damn, about two and a half hours in and the toothpick test says it's almost done. Usually they take at least four hours... Glad I checked.

uQvBi6Xh.jpg

Forgot plated shots, we were hungry. Ended up being 3 hours. Didn't put a thermo at grate level, so I'm sure it was much higher than the 280 dome temp indicated which is why they were probably done way sooner than expected. Served with vinegar slaw & frijoles negros.

Happy 4th everyone! Time for more cocktails & fireworks!

I know how that goes. By that time all you want to do is dig in and with ribs like that I don't blame you

Looks great! How unique is the Genie's Trinity? Do you get the peach, pecan, and honey equally?

Looks damn good! Some times it's hard to take pics when you're busy eating and slinging bones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks great! How unique is the Genie's Trinity? Do you get the peach, pecan, and honey equally?

To be honest, I haven't checked the ingredient label. Pretty tasty though, a bit spicier than the Genie's Hooch.

Killer bones, Andy.

I really need to try some of these magic refried black beans...

Looks and sounds like a grand celebration.

Andy, I cant blame you, pictures would have been the last thing on my mind too, with my mouth full of that good cook!

Back