My newest toy...

flseminarian

Reaction score
And, just because I've got a picture, this is my newest outdoor cooking appliance. It's called a Pyro Tower, and it's made by folks in Kansas. I think they're called the Bad Idea Supply Company (what could go wrong?).

It's 1/4 inch steel, weighs a ton, and has proven very useful. It's better than the smoker or the Weber for direct grilling.

Here it's doing wood-fired pizza.

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_183708936_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200701_183708936_HDR.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20200701_175836205.jpg
    IMG_20200701_175836205.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 288
That is quite the unique cooker! How well does it do low and slow? Looks like you have a lot of room there too.

Nice.

“Bad Idea Supply Company” sounds like my kinda place. Although plenty of my friends would say I have an adequate supply already.

Room to cook

On the one hand, you can put the coals over to one side and maintain just over 200 pretty easily. Unfortunately, there's not as much cooking surface as it looks. The grate is only about 15" deep, which will barely fit a rack of pork ribs. If you put two on, it gets little close to the coals. I need to experiment with some sort of baffle to keep from overcooking the rack closer to the coals.

Once I get the offset smoker back together, it will be my go-to for low n' slow.

On the other hand, it's the first time I've been able to direct cook chicken breast and not have it dry out. And it's a marvel on chicken thighs.

Last edited:
You get the (figurative) prize for the day for the most unique cooker. I've never seen anything like that but it sure looks versatile. Very cool.

Nice! Where in the great state of Kansas is it made?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That is very interesting! I wish, for the sake of more smoking versatility, the rack was higher up from the fire. It looks fun to grill on or make a pizza! Also a nice contained fire pit.

"Proud Pyro is based just outside of Pittsburg, Kansas in a little shop with big dreams."

That looks awesome! Never seen anything like it before. Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks really interesting. Any shots of the finished product?

Back