Got bored. Made some gumbo...

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Wife's sick. Golf course is muddy... so I decided to make gumbo. Kinda wanted seafood gumbo, but I only had shrimp. So, a la 16Adams, I used what I had. This is what we ended up with:

picture.php

16, if you don't have a claim to USYH - using *stuff* you have, or something like that, can I have it?

From the Brother that made green chile Alfredo stacked enchiladas today, keep that MSU dream alive-always.

Nobody loves you like your brothers.

Last edited:
Kevin, that'll eat right where ya' hold it!

Do I detect a shred of chicken, some sausage, and those shrimp?

Uhm... yes, please!

Yes sir. Chicken, sausage, shrimp, okra and the trinity with a little file' sprinkled on top. Gave me something to do while drinking beer and watching golf INSTEAD OF PLAYING!! Sorry, I'm a little bitter about that last part...

Oh, the gumbo- no bowl- just and me the pot a large spoon and a roll of paper towels

From the Brother that made green chile Alfredo stacked enchiladas today, keep that MSU dream alive-always.

Nobody loves you like your brothers.

Green Chile Alfredo Stacked Enchiladas - not 100% sure what it means, but I'm 100% sure it taste great...

Green Chile Alfredo Stacked Enchiladas - not 100% sure what it means, but I'm 100% sure it taste great...
From New Mexico, rather than rolling them up, they stack layers on each other. Three layers if I recall. GOOD stuff!

I'm normally not a fan of the okra, use the file powder instead, but I'd hit that! Looks great.

Man I love me some gumbo! It's one if my favorite ways to use up leftover smoked chicken or turkey.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Looks like you Nailed it Kevin!

Wish I had some of that right now!

Oh heck yeah!! That looks amazing Kevin!!

From New Mexico, rather than rolling them up, they stack layers on each other. Three layers if I recall. GOOD stuff!

I'm normally not a fan of the okra, use the file powder instead, but I'd hit that! Looks great.

Man I love me some gumbo! It's one if my favorite ways to use up leftover smoked chicken or turkey.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Makes me want some Gumbo!!! Nice photo.

Hell yes, I could finish a bowl of that RIGHT NOW! Looks amazing.

That's how gumbo got started... use up what ya got!

Yours looks delicious.

That gumbo looks great! Who needs a bowl for something likethat?
Just give me an 6 oz ladle, Ill be fine.

Looks really great.

I would love a pot of that

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Too bad you all couldn’t have joined me... food + friends + beer = good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back