Short Ribs Are The Best

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
In hind sight I probably should have used a larger cooker. Turned out really good though. Two racks of short ribs on my Oklahoma Joe's Bronco. Used Blues Hog briquets hickory and cherry chunks. One rack seasoned with Kosmos Cow Cover the other with Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub. The Killer Hogs was a lot better.

D1wJraLl.jpg

dlWPgael.jpg

RpbcQXIl.jpg

3uctPRal.jpg

DhOjkPbl.jpg

9CQ6sdTl.jpg

oXlqkxAl.jpg

oDkWfO3l.jpg

Good job. They don't sell the short ribs in a rack like that around here.

All you find is a pack of 3 or 4 single ribs cut about 4" long.

I have seen regular beef rib racks vacuum packed at Walmart with 5 or 6 ribs all connected, but not as meaty as your short ribs there.

In hind sight I probably should have used a larger cooker. Turned out really good though. Two racks of short ribs on my Oklahoma Joe's Bronco. Used Blues Hog briquets hickory and cherry chunks. One rack seasoned with Kosmos Cow Cover the other with Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub. The Killer Hogs was a lot better.

D1wJraLl.jpg

dlWPgael.jpg

RpbcQXIl.jpg

3uctPRal.jpg

DhOjkPbl.jpg

9CQ6sdTl.jpg

oXlqkxAl.jpg

oDkWfO3l.jpg

Nicely done What temp did you cook at and for how long

Yes I agree too, short ribs rock!

I’d also appreciate knowing your time & temp please.
JD

Those are probably beef back ribs.

I have seen regular beef rib racks vacuum packed at Walmart with 5 or 6 ribs all connected, but not as meaty as your short ribs there.[/QUOTE]

Temp probably averaged 275 but I increased temp to 300 at the end because they were taking to long. Cooked about 4.5 hours then wrapped in butcher paper. Total time was about 10 hours which seems like a lot longer then past cooks. These stalled at 175 after I wrapped for a really long time. I actually double wrapped in foil to push it through the stall. I was planning on about an 8 hour cook.

Nicely done What temp did you cook at and for how long

Good job. They don't sell the short ribs in a rack like that around here.

All you find is a pack of 3 or 4 single ribs cut about 4" long.

I have seen regular beef rib racks vacuum packed at Walmart with 5 or 6 ribs all connected, but not as meaty as your short ribs there.

Same here at Publix or Kroger, but ask the meat dept guy if they have any uncut in the back. Worked for me. They can also order some for you.

Back