JUNE ***SPECIAL*** "Yardbird Cookoff" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our June SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"Yardbird Cookoff!"

Yardbird%20Cookoff%20BBQ%20Brethren_zpstw2lbsuz.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook a whole chicken any way you like! Cook it in halves, cook it whole, cook it on a spit, cook it as you wish! You can cook it hanging from hooks, but make sure you get the seasoning in all the nooks!

2. Your cook thread and entry photo MUST show a WHOLE chicken. It can be cut up, in halves, or whole. If you do not cook a whole chicken and show it in your pics, your entry will not be in the voting mix!

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD only!

4. Entries must conform to standard Throwdown rules

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/29 through Monday 6/29/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/29/20.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Alright I'll start this show.. I double checked to see if this was a throwdown that required raw photo's and I don't think it is??? I don't have any.. IF this is accepted Here's my chickens..

H1agS5ll.jpg

This is my entry pic
TBX5929l.jpg

Rotisserie Chicken on Kamado Big Joe

Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown

Simple salt, pepper, small intake and and completely open top for TBS

Skin was crispy, breasts and legs were mighty fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 287
Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown

Simple salt, pepper, small intake and and completely open top for TBS

Skin was crispy, breasts and legs were mighty fine.

Which one of you photos are you submitting for this Throwdown?

Moose, thank you for pointing that out.

My preferred image is the first image.

I did not see a way to edit my post.

****MODERATOR'S NOTE****

Folks, PLEASE read the rules before entering Throwdowns, specifically:

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] To enter a Throwdown you MUST clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear that the moderator understands your intention, for example: "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". ANY post that does NOT state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]6. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderator’s decision is final.* You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one).** You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. Finally, NO collage photos are allowed as entry photos, no exceptions![/FONT]
[/FONT]

Please use the picture with the hens in the foreground as my official entry.
Chile rubbed cornish hens. Spatchcocked and cooked off on the Summit Charcoal with Weber briquettes and a little pecan smoke.
Black Bean/Corn salad with a jalapeno lime crema to go with it. No cook thread this go round.

Attachments

• cornish.jpg
    cornish.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 342
  • crema.jpg
    crema.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Back