MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Exclamation ****Please Read & Understand BEFORE Entering Throwdowns: THESE ARE THE RULES FOR ENTERING****

Please think of this subforum, and the Throwdown contests within as a friendly backyard neighborhood BBQ block party with a friendly, themed BBQ contest as part of the festivities.

Every other week we will feature a new "Category". To enter the contest, you must cook a dish that is in line with the category, and submit the photo(s) of your dish in that Throwdown category thread. We also run a monthly Special Throwdown featuring categories that are chosen by the moderators.

This competition is open to any and all members of the BBQ Brethren of any skill level. Nobody will be turned away. One of the best things a new member can do is jump right in to these competitions. You will surely find many new friends here who will be more than happy to provide accolades, encouragement and friendly advice along with expert tips and tricks to improve your skills. By participating regularly you will probably find yourself becoming a better cook or a better photographer. This is a common side effect reported by people who participate regularly. Even the seasoned veterans get new ideas and learn things in these Throwdown competitions. But the best part of all is that you will get to EAT the delicious creations you make, whether they win or lose!

Here are the rules:

1. To enter a Throwdown you MUST clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear that the moderator understands your intention, for example: "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". ANY post that does NOT state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.

You can either post your entire cook in the Throwdown entry thread, or use your entry photo with a link to Qtalk with your full cook thread.

2. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderator’s decision is final.* You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one).** You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. Finally, NO collage photos are allowed as entry photos, no exceptions!

*With the exception of Master’s Cut Throwdowns, which require 3 separate pictures – one of the raw meat, one of the meat cooking on the grill or smoker, and the final picture of the meat fully cooked.

** Multiple entries are often allowed in our monthly Throwdowns, meaning if you enter twice for example, both entries will be included in the voting poll.

3. Entries must match the featured Throwdown category. It is your responsibility to read the opening post in the Throwdown which you plan to enter and ensure you fully understand the category before entering it. If your entry does not match the category it could be disqualified by the moderators. No excuses for misunderstanding the category will be tolerated for entries that the moderator finds to violate this rule.

4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.

5. Entries MUST be prepared during the time that the Throwdown Category is accepting entries. This period of time is specified in the first post of each Throwdown entry thread.

6. All pictures must be submitted by the stated deadline in the opening post of the Throwdown.

7. If the moderators find an entry to have violated any of the posted rules, then the moderators reserve the right to disqualify the entry.

8. Standard forum rules apply and are enforced in this subforum. These rules can be found here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207448&postcount=2
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by Moose; 08-07-2021 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Updated and simplified rules

Old 07-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron
Exclamation Attention! Please Read BEFORE Entering Throwdowns!

In putting together the voting poll for the "Brisket Master" throw down I noticed that some of the rules aren't being followed. Please considered this a reminder for future throw downs...

Quote:
3. To enter your dish in a Throwdown it must first follow all rules defined in this post. To make your entry, please create a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread for the category that you wish to enter. You must clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear enough that the moderator understands your intention. This can be as simple as saying, "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". Any post that does not state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.
There were quite a few entries that didn't follow this. Please make sure that you clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throw down so we can include your entry in the voting poll.

Quote:
8. All pictures must be submitted by the stated deadline in the opening post of the Throwdown category. If technical difficulties prevent you from posting your pictures by this stated time, please PM the moderator (me) and I will do my best to have your entry included in the voting thread.
Unfortunately, we had one entry that was submitted after the deadline. Unless otherwise specified entries must be submitted by 6:00AM Central US time. The timestamp of the post will be used as the official time.

Quote:
9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderator will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderator (me) a PM and I will do my best to correct the issue.
There was at least one entry where the post didn't specify which picture to use. Moose posted a reminder in the entry thread regarding this. I made a decision in that case about which picture to use. Also, there were a couple of entries where the chosen picture was no longer available due to issues at the photo hosting site. Please make sure that your pictures are available for use in the voting thread. If this comes up again you will receive a PM and will be asked to provide an alternate source for the picture. This must be received by noon Central time on the day that the throw down ends.

I hope that this is all clear.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Last edited by Moose; 07-22-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Please make sure that you clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throw down so we can include your entry in the voting poll.
I want to re-emphasize this. There were two posts in the Julia Child throwdown that did not state that they were entries. I included them in the poll this time, but starting with the poll for the Eggplant and Tofu throwdown if you do not follow this rule you will not be included in the poll.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
Ron_L

Fluffing again.

Please pay attention to these requirements, guys!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 03-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Bump.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
Moose

Bump.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
Moose

Bump.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
Moose

Bump.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #9
Moose

Bump.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
Moose

Bump
Old 12-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
Moose

Bump.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Ron_L

There's rules?

Who knew?

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
There's rules?

Who knew?

Why yes, Ron there are, and we enforce them with an iron fist.

Also, you seem new around here, so head on over to cattle call and introduce yerself!

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-12-2015, 02:15 AM   #14
Moose

Bump!
Old 04-06-2015, 12:09 PM   #15
Moose

Folks, please pay attention to the rules, especially these, before entering:

3. To enter your dish in a Throwdown it must first follow all rules defined in this post. To make your entry, please create a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread for the category that you wish to enter. You must clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear enough that the moderator understands your intention. This can be as simple as saying, "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". Any post that does not state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.

4. Entries must match the featured Throwdown category. It is your responsibility to read the opening post in the Throwdown which you plan to enter and ensure you fully understand the category before entering it. If your entry does not match the category it could be disqualified by the moderator. No excuses for misunderstanding the category will be tolerated for entries that the moderator finds to violate this rule.

5. Entries must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots).

6. Entries must be prepared during the time that the Throwdown Category is accepting entries. This period of time is specified in the first post of each Throwdown Category.

8. All pictures must be submitted by the stated deadline in the opening post of the Throwdown category. If technical difficulties prevent you from posting your pictures by this stated time, please PM the moderators and we will do our best to have your entry included in the voting thread.

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

Last edited by Moose; 10-05-2016 at 03:47 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
Throwdown, Throwdown Rules