MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #16
rwalters
is Blowin Smoke!

Default A new member of the Weber 26 fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by InThePitBBQ View Post
Congrats on the new cooker, those 26's get alot of love around here I'd sure like to try one sometime.

Go for it! You ain’t gonna find a better or more versatile charcoal grill at the $300ish price point! :-)

Thanks from:--->

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #17
willsands
Got Wood.

Thanks for the encouraging comments. The new 26 will most likely replace the Weber 22's and earn a front row position along with the PK 360 and the Hunsaker drum. The others ships in the fleet are seldom used now.
I've never had an insulated cabinet smoker. The 270 Smokers are appealing for those cold winter cooks and for baking "artisan" bread. The 270's are rated to run at 400° while most other cabinets are limited to smoking temperatures. However, I'll have to drink more beer before making that phone call.

Old Today, 05:50 AM   #18
HouseDoc
On the road to being a farker

Welcome to the 26 club. I ordered mine thru HD with a 10pct off coupon. First 2 arrived with dents in the kettle. Finally got a good one. I suggested to Weber they use some dense foam and a slightly larger box.
Love the capacity. My sons will grill up 6 nice Porterhouse steaks for Dad's day.
HouseDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 08:20 AM   #19
Q-reps
On the road to being a farker

Congratulations on the 26
Q-reps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 09:33 AM   #20
MisterChrister
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsands View Post
I recently made a startling discovery. Willpower is soluble in alcohol

Old Today, 04:54 PM   #21
Fishwater2002
Knows what a fatty is.

I need to pull the trigger myself but keep waiting for the chance that Weber will somehow wake up one day & realize that a 26” Performer could bring world peace, end starvation & fix homelessness. A man can dream.....

Old Today, 05:03 PM   #22
rwalters
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwater2002 View Post
I need to pull the trigger myself but keep waiting for the chance that Weber will somehow wake up one day & realize that a 26” Performer could bring world peace, end starvation & fix homelessness. A man can dream.....

I hear ya, and the day that Weber puts out what you just described is the day you’ll see a standard 26 kettle hit CL. I’d buy one in a heartbeat!!! Til then, I can’t encourage you enough to buy and enjoy the 26 as is :)