A Campfire Breakfast

Holy moly that looks GREAT! Jeanie, everything you cook is awesome. It’s not fair for you to use a DO. Their awesomeness + your mad skills may be criminal. Everyone in DC has lost their minds so you may avoid prosecution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy moly that looks GREAT! Jeanie, everything you cook is awesome. It’s not fair for you to use a DO. Their awesomeness + your mad skills may be criminal. Everyone in DC has lost their minds so you may avoid prosecution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:laugh::laugh: Thanks Kevin! :grin:

Okay, that's it. I can't open cowgirl's threads anymore. They cause incessant drooling.

This is what I call the "Last of everything" breakfast when camping. I use the last of ingredients in the dutch oven and let it cook while I pack to go home.

started packing...
the breakfast goods and fishing poles are the last to go into the truck.

Takes 20 to 30 minutes and breakfast is ready...

You can pack up your campsite in that time?! It takes me nearly 30 minutes to pack up a hotel room, and I end up at the nearest fast food drive through afterwards!

You always make your camping cooks look like so much fun. That is another tasty looking dish, and I am appreciating your Lakeview a whole lot. If I can ask, which lake is that?

Jeanie, I'm just glad that you added the fruity stuff to make it look healthy.

I told you before that one day I'm gonna find your lake spot. And when I do I wont be easy to get rid of...:hungry:

Looks like a great spot and a delicious breakfast. Love how great whatever you cook while camping tastes. We always eat before packing up, because after eating , you need to chill for a while, and no one ever wants to leave. Did you bring the green stuff just for the pics?!

Looks amazing, finally a good Breakfast cook without Eggs! (I do not like Eggs):clap2:

Okay, that's it. I can't open cowgirl's threads anymore. They cause incessant drooling.

lol Thanks Erik! :grin:

You can pack up your campsite in that time?! It takes me nearly 30 minutes to pack up a hotel room, and I end up at the nearest fast food drive through afterwards!

lol It takes 20 to 30 minutes for breakfast to cook. I can drag out packing to last half a day. There's never a rush to leave. :grin:

Incredible!

Thank you Monte! :grin:

You always make your camping cooks look like so much fun. That is another tasty looking dish, and I am appreciating your Lakeview a whole lot. If I can ask, which lake is that?
Thanks Jeremy! I'll pm the location. lol :grin:

Jeanie, I'm just glad that you added the fruity stuff to make it look healthy.

I told you before that one day I'm gonna find your lake spot. And when I do I wont be easy to get rid of...:hungry:

Craig, you all are welcome, bring your tent and favorite beverages. Thanks! :grin:

Looks like a great spot and a delicious breakfast. Love how great whatever you cook while camping tastes. We always eat before packing up, because after eating , you need to chill for a while, and no one ever wants to leave. Did you bring the green stuff just for the pics?!

Thanks Marty! Same here, it's nice to relax and take in the quiet before hittin' the road. I enjoy your camp pics too. You have some pretty areas out there!
The green stuff was used in another dish. I had a couple of sprigs leftover so I put them on the plate to make the meal look healthier. lol

Looks amazing, finally a good Breakfast cook without Eggs! (I do not like Eggs):clap2:

Thanks J.R.! I agree, eggs aren't always needed for breakfast. :grin:

I always knew it, but here's conrete proof: Jeanie can throw whatever she's got left laying around into a DO and make a much better breakfast than most of us normally see! That really looks great!

Speaking of breakfast - the batch of bacon I did last weekend is your recipe - the TQ/turbinado/pepper one. I'll be using that one for quite a while - so dang good!

Love your posts, Jeanie - always a breath of fresh air - well, maybe a little smoky - but the good kind!

I always knew it, but here's conrete proof: Jeanie can throw whatever she's got left laying around into a DO and make a much better breakfast than most of us normally see! That really looks great!

Speaking of breakfast - the batch of bacon I did last weekend is your recipe - the TQ/turbinado/pepper one. I'll be using that one for quite a while - so dang good!

Love your posts, Jeanie - always a breath of fresh air - well, maybe a little smoky - but the good kind!

lol Thanks Greg! You're too kind... :hug:
I'm really glad to hear the bacon recipe is working out for you. I haven't made any in awhile but need to!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and Father's Day! I read that you will be spending tomorrow with one son. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
Thanks again! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
^^^Thanks Jeanie!

Yeah, it's great when we're all together, but one on one time is also a very good thing for sure!

And - what I just realized - the son I'm hanging with tomorrow is working tonight, and my other son is leaving town tomorrow...so this may be a 2 steak dinner weekend... :cool:

^^^Thanks Jeanie!

Yeah, it's great when we're all together, but one on one time is also a very good thing for sure!

And - what I just realized - the son I'm hanging with tomorrow is working tonight, and my other son is leaving town tomorrow...so this may be a 2 steak dinner weekend... :cool:

That's great Greg!
I've watched your boys grow up via the forum. You're doing one heck of a great job raising them! They're amazing kids!
Eat a steak for me if you get the chance. Lol

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
<sigh>
t2823.gif

Back