Looking for some answers from The Eggsperts

T

The Anchorman

First question is on my Large BGE the grate is cracked in half, will that present a problem or is there a way to get the two halfs back together. Such as fireplace cement, Or a metal binding? Or do I have two buy a new one?

and on the mini the top damper is mising, is there a way to rig a top for it?

Thanks for any help from eggsperienced cooks out there.

Your not going to believe this but the mini BGE that I thought I had stole hmmm I mean bought on CL for $20 is actually a Small BGE:rolleyes:

Oh well... so for $195 I got a BGE Large and a Small BGE with the extended table. This cant be a bad thing:mrgreen:

Holy Chit, Batman -- what a score!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy from what I remember when I met you at Harpoon last year.

Great deal on the eggs. On The Weber grid, the 18.5 is actually 17.5 OD. The ID of the large egg's fire ring is approx. 15.625 -16 inches. So the Weber should fit. On grids for the large and small, you have the option for porcelain, cast iron, stainless and whatever Weber offers. T

do you mean the ceramic charcoal grate is cracked in half? some get a lodge cast iron trivet and use that for a charcoal grate instead of the bge grate. the new charcoal grates are cast iron anyway.

for the small egg, you can cook without the dual function metal top and control the draft from the bottom vent only... you probably won't be doing much low-n-slow on the small anyway, so let er rip for grilling and searing.

Back