Review of the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill after a year

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So it's not perfect, but I like it a lot. I think they did a great job of capturing what makes kamado cooking awesome without most of the drawbacks.

They also put a lot of thought into the design and it shows. It's expensive and I don't think it looks as sexy as a ceramic but it's kinda like a minivan in that after you drive it a while, you realize how convenient convenience can be. lol (by the way, that's exactly why we have never gotten a minivan...I don't want to admit that to myself.)

Had a disappointing run in with customer service. It wouldn't bug me if I was not used to Weber CS being incredible. Hopefully I just caught somebody on a bad day.

Anyways I hope you guys find this interesting.

Justin

[ame]https://youtu.be/glt8Jn2MKgU[/ame]

Fantastic video, as expected, Justin :)

The more I watch you talk about it's strengths, the more I want one !!!

Sorry Justin, I don't have 23 minutes, did you give it an overall thumbs up or down?

Justin I would like to see you review a Goldens Cast Iron Cooker one day, for some reason Kamado cookers or the WSCG for that matter have never really interested me, but the Golden does.

Good vid - not that I could afford a WSCG - but would like to have one.

fwiw - I'd go ahead & use some adhesive to fix the gasket leak. I rarely worry about voiding warranties if something needs fixing or modifying. My reasoning: I bought it, it's mine & I'll do with it as I please.

Great video and review, as usual, BBM. It makes me want another Weber too, even though I don't need it. I guess I need to take my own advice when my wife says: "You didn't need that!", and my normal response is: "Needing it didn't have a damn thing to do with it." :heh:

Mighty Fine BBM! I sure liked it on your channel under the Mike P name. Also watched Phil in Florence on the WSM grilling. Very cool and Thanks!

Back