Fun Weber kettle/brisket article

Great article. I've never tried the snake method in a Kettle or even have done any real long cooks on one. I did buy the SnS for it when it first came out but have only used it a few times. I started buying other dedicated smokers shortly after and never really tried perfecting smoking on the Kettle.

The article just shows how you can get great smoked food with minimal equipment.

Thanks for posting this, RW. I use the s&s all the time and get good results smoking brisket on the kettle with it, but I’m definitely going to try this. I like to experiment. Thanks

Thanks for posting this, RW. I use the s&s all the time and get good results smoking brisket on the kettle with it, but I’m definitely going to try this. I like to experiment. Thanks

Would love to hear your thoughts and see you compare/contrast after trying the fuse/snake method :)

Any idea why they added more charcoal for the last 2 hours even with half of the snake left?

For those that have used this method in the past -

You keep the top and bottom vent wide open as the article suggest - i could see the kettle running pretty hot under this method

If not, what do you suggest for the top and bottom vents

Intend on smoking a 10 pounder packer this weekend with my Kettle

Back