logo

Weber summit charcoal grill

Why does ‘merica get screwed?

I have never understood why Europe gets all of the cool accessories and colors and we don't. With Weber being an American company, they sure screw us.

I'm guessing that there's more profit margin there, based on the prices I see posted by people who live outside the US.
I just Googled the Mastertouch I posted above. In Greece, it goes for €371.99, which converts to $420.22.
The cheapest 22" kettle, with no ash catcher, $99.00 everywhere here, goes for €186.99, $211.23 US.

Don't feel too bad about it, while the Weber kettle is considered an entry level/cheap product in North America, it's fairly high end for charcoal here in Europe and the UK and is priced accordingly. I sometimes see you guys posting about buying a Weber Master Touch for $99 on offer, which is around £76. That almost makes me cry. £200 is a good offer here.

Have a look around the online department of my local place: https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/shop/category/bbq-weber-bbqs-119/?page=2&all=0&o=relevance

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread. Do you want to use the rotisserie with the lid down? If not could you use a universal rotisserie? Perhaps get a second grill grate and bolt the brackets to it permanently? I can't see an easy route for the Santa Maria though

Such cool stuff Glenn!

Don't feel too bad about it, while the Weber kettle is considered an entry level/cheap product in North America, it's fairly high end for charcoal here in Europe and the UK and is priced accordingly. I sometimes see you guys posting about buying a Weber Master Touch for $99 on offer, which is around £76. That almost makes me cry. £200 is a good offer here.

Have a look around the online department of my local place: https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/shop/category/bbq-weber-bbqs-119/?page=2&all=0&o=relevance

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread. Do you want to use the rotisserie with the lid down? If not could you use a universal rotisserie? Perhaps get a second grill grate and bolt the brackets to it permanently? I can't see an easy route for the Santa Maria though

I would be willing to pay a little more for some of the cool accessories and grills you guys have had.

I'm one of those guys that bought a $99 Mastertouch on clearance that is still in the box. I didn't need it but couldn't pass up the deal. I figure I will save it until I need it.

Back