• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

International High Plains Shenanigans - w/Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Phriday, Pholks!

Ongoing thread throughout the weekend.

Phreezer Dive is complete.

CINCHOUSE has been asking for some Buccs' Thai-Inspired Ribs.

I've had a hankerin' for some barbacoa, a la SteveKing.

I also found a JD Hot chub in the freezer, so I can "refill" my fatty supply for a week or so.

Thawed the ribs for a few hours this morning. Put the munchkin down for a nap. Realized we'd used the only shallot in the house earlier this week, so made a big $0.36 purchase at the store.

Here are the major players for the marinade.

4EEC9nUh.jpg

Diced up the shallot, added some Thai pepper, lemon grass, and mashed a bit. Added garlic, some palm sugar, and mashed a bit more. Good glug or two of soy (we like gluten free Tamari 'round here), and some fish sauce. Stirred it all up and tasted. Tweaked for balance...

ilJTk1sh.jpg

Decided to keep this rack of spares whole, with just the removal of the membrane... then tip in the marinade.

FyNy7BRh.jpg

Jjp0Bnzh.jpg

Y'all have a great Friday!

Love these High Plains Shenanigans threads Marc, especially those with an international twist.

You certainly step it up a notch with the extra attention you give to your dishes. Between you and Jeanie, this place has some artistry.

It's been a good morning.

Coffee. Snuggles with my girl. Bacon. Coffee.

Ah, yes... the beginnings of Barbacoa.

0fnHuyEh.jpg

KLEoYOwh.jpg

Thin blue starting to roll.

Chuckie looks a little lonely in the sauna, but we'll get some friends in there for her to play with soon.

ipjsnvuh.jpg

Time to get the rest of the goods together for when this girl comes off the smoker.

JcUH0w3h.jpg

Oh, yeah... it smells deee-licious.

6XynIHuh.jpg

It's lunch time here.

I'm a glutton for punishment, with some leftover Dragon's Breath pizza from Roosevelt Brewing Co....

Dragons Breath: Red chile sauce, crushed red pepper, ale-braised sausage, pepperoni, habanero pepper, our pickled jalapeños, roasted onions, roasted bell pepper, cayenne

929vlaKh.jpg

Yes, you read that right. Habanero. That's what all those lovely slices of red pepper are (WITH the seeds).

This got hotter overnight. I'm having my own personal summer, and I should've put a roll in the freezer. :shock:

Back