High Plains Memorial Weekend - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With CINCHOUSE still on the mend, we didn't make it to the Cannon AFB Airshow today, but the grub we made in the process made up for it.

Thanks to T. Mac and his "Latin Wings" Recipe for continued tranquility and deliciousness 'round our place.

I zipped down to the Commissary and picked up a nice package of a baker's dozen whole wings. Broke out the Sauce Goddess "Moroccan Twist" for some, and hit the others with T. Mac's blend of Mojo and Bitter Orange for a while.

The ladies of the house went out to tend the flowers and our small garden in pots.

UjAhjA5h.jpg

Soon, I'm outside with a G&T, keeping the munchkin away from the hot grill and tending to the bird.

AOxqGLRh.jpg

Moroccan Twist wings:

TfmgeGAh.jpg

T. Mac's Latin Wings:

o4uBo15h.jpg

I'm very familiar with the regular Tajin, but I discovered the Habanero Tajin variety today at La Espiga del Oro. It's not as spicy as you'd imagine, but it does provide a nice tingle on the tongue... but then again, I love spicy foods.

m2h6g6Gh.jpg

Bird in a Bowl - You tell me which of the Latin Wings are Hot and which are Not... :shocked: :heh:

e76ev6mh.jpg

Enough for one evening.

I've got a full packer thawing for tomorrow's Memorial Day Shenanigans.

Tomorrow, I cook in memory of an old friend.

cRABkX1l.jpg

Thin Blue and fair winds to you all.

Thank you, Bill. I remember many missions that fall and winter to Ramadi and Al Taqaddum and Al Asad in support of some incredibly brave individuals.

Chris was a Red Devil copilot from the 50 AS, and I visit him on the rare opportunity I have to visit the DC area. This photo was from '07. Miss you, fool.

Cheers to 1st LT Stoddard, and that looks like some good grub. My wife is Mexican and they put Tajin on all sorts of things, most bizarrely [to me] - fruit, but also "street corn" which is amazing btw.

My wife is Mexican and they put Tajin on all sorts of things, most bizarrely [to me] - fruit, but also "street corn" which is amazing btw.

Dude... Elote... I've just (in the last 9 months) learned about this. It's bloody amazing! I made it for myself on a whim... then made it for the family... now, I can't NOT make it for the family!

Thanks for your note. Chris was one who constantly challenged himself to be better... stronger... faster... He was a better Airman than I'll ever be.

Great looking grub. Gonna have to try those Latin wings. Thanks for your service and respect to Lt Stoddard. It is what this weekend is all about

Love the picture of the munchkin watering and the wings look good Marc!

I was at a graduation party for a young lady from Liberia. Her mom said oh try these wings they aren't hot... hate to see what she thinks is hot!

Up and at 'em this morning. Beautiful day here (but it'll get bloody hot in a short bit).

I have some helpers 'round my smoker today:

It's good to see that someone's returned to the nest.

rueMjgGh.jpg

I also have some natural insect control.

owBhmXTh.jpg

Went freezer diving yesterday. Broke out the Adkins after a bit of trimming.

mGlQ8fyh.jpg

l04AAamh.jpg

Added some rib tips / trimmings I'd been marinating in Walker's Wood:

ZqdcbRah.jpg

The girls are up, and it's time to find some breakfast.

Nice work on the cooks, Munchkin is really growing up and is wearing the perfect outfit. Thanks for the heads up on the Tajin Habanero. Thanks for sharing and Thank you for your service.

How's that brisket doing?

Point probed "like buttah."
Flat probed 75% like semi-ripe avocado.

BossLady put a 1800-1830 timeframe on dinner.

I wrapped and put the brisket in a 225F oven at about... 1630 (little more than an hour ago). I just shut off the oven and I'll see how it turns out in about 45 minutes.

I think the point's going to be perfect (felt nicely floppy... it's a point).

Flat's going to be a mild toss-up.

I don't like sauce on brisket unless it's this one I made tonight (at CINCHOUSE's request):
- Apple Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp Dry Rub
--- bring to a boil, then reduce down to about 1/3. Thin, but with really nice accompanying flavors that accent the brisket vs. cover anything up.

More to follow. Hang in there.

Looks fantastic, ShadowDriver.
I like seeing that toad too, means our environment is getting cleaner. When snakes and amphibians disappear we are in trouble.

Back