• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meater Block...It finally arrived

I have a thermopen, a dot, and a cyber q. Still I find myself interest in other gadgets. Keep me posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great. Do you mind if I ask what they run?

It was a crowd funding project on Kickstarter and I pledged $164 IIRC. It took three years (much later than anticipated) to come true. At least the block.

They have the blocks on pre-order now for $199. Single units are $69 I believe. Block is better since you get four probes plus the the it's is a hub between your phone and the router so you can use it via Wifi. You can use it with your phone or standalone. You can also use the standalone via wifi but for better range you need a spare phone or tablet to act as the hub. Block eliminated the range issue.

Looks nice, keep us updated on the long term use. I've backed some pretty sweet Kickstarter projects and have regretted none of them. Mine were all delivered more or less on time though....what was the initial projection for the Meater?

Just got notified yesterday that mine shipped as well. I can't wait. I stayed with the block too, versus the upgrade to the newer version.....

You can also use the standalone via wifi but for better range you need a spare phone or tablet to act as the hub.

Have you confirmed its wifi connectivity is limited to ad hoc only? TBH I'll be a bit disappointed if this is the case.

Its no bother if it has to be connected to in ad hoc mode for initial connectivity and setup. But I would certainly hope, after 3yrs of development, in the settings it would a have infrastructure mode(similar to my CyberQ Wifi) where I could configure it to connect directly to my home's wifi network. I feel that's a small ask.

Looks nice, keep us updated on the long term use. I've backed some pretty sweet Kickstarter projects and have regretted none of them. Mine were all delivered more or less on time though....what was the initial projection for the Meater?

I certainly will. The projection was only 3 months:laugh: But to be fair they were only looking to raise $125,000 and ended up raising $1.2 mil so a lot more backers plus the hurdles extended the time

They also raised a fee million dollars on indiegogo but Kickstarter backers get theirs first.

Have you confirmed its wifi connectivity is limited to ad hoc only? TBH I'll be a bit disappointed if this is the case.

Its no bother if it has to be connected to in ad hoc mode for initial connectivity and setup. But I would certainly hope, after 3yrs of development, in the settings it would a have infrastructure mode(similar to my CyberQ Wifi) where I could configure it to connect directly to my home's wifi network. I feel that's a small ask.

Super busy so I haven't. Will see if I can throw something on the grill and test it tonight.

I went back and checked over their Kickstarter page, and the Block absolutely SHOULD be able to connect directly to a wifi network by itself. Base off the their gifs .....

unnamed.gif

4ff41a16d52c3387c7f5187a788ab105-original.gif

So I think it'll be fine. Its been so long I had forgotten LOL.

Me too! I probably would've forgot about it if it weren't for the update emails and mentions of it here.

I went back and checked over their Kickstarter page, and the Block absolutely SHOULD be able to connect directly to a wifi network by itself. Base off the their gifs .....

4ff41a16d52c3387c7f5187a788ab105-original.gif

So I think it'll be fine. Its been so long I had forgotten LOL.

Received mine today, charging then time to play :becky:

Oh yeah!

For the life of me I can't make time to use this thing like it's supposed to lol. Just grown up sh*t like work gets in the way. Fark!!!

Maybe this weekend. :becky:

Oh yeah!

For the life of me I can't make time to use this thing like it's supposed to lol. Just grown up sh*t like work gets in the way. Fark!!!

Maybe this weekend. :becky:

I'm trying to think up something to cook with it myself. I feel your pain.

Back